Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weigh-in and knuckling down

I was so glad to go to my meeting last night! Firstly to see the result of a couple of meals where I ate FAR too much; secondly, to get some renewed enthusiasum, and lastly, to see my regular leader again. I really missed Joyce!! I had my doubts about Joyce, but she's really come good - I love her sense of humour, and she's such a motivation. The lady I had last week, was a woman who filled in for a few weeks at the beginning of my Weight Watchers journey last year, and she is a lovely woman, she means well, but she just doesn't really, well, listen. She hears you, but she doesn't listen.

Anyhow, I stayed the same!! To be honest, I'm very happy with that result. Don't get me wrong, of course a loss would be better! But it means I ate like a normal person over the week, and maintained. Which is part of the whole "weight loss is a life change gig". If I can maintain in what is a bit of an abnormal week (ie eating away from home lots of times!), then I can do this. For life.

I weighed in in the evening, unlike the morning weigh in last week, and honestly I had a couple of big meals (pizza! and just eating over my points by a couple most days). We ate the pizza at my inlaws, and it wasn't memorable. It wasn't enjoyable. It wasn't tasty. It wasn't worth it!

This week should be an easier week - we've got no plans of going out or doing much, so I'm knuckling down again. Plus the Survivor challenge at the gym finishes in 2 weeks, and I'm due for my monthly W&M at Curves next week.

I've pulled out the Fast Start info, and I'm going to stick to 18 points for this week and boost things a bit, especially before my birthday next week. I am also planning on buying a bottle (or 4) of champers, plus a few of my favourite nibblies, to have after my birthday dinner the following weekend, presuming a few people might come back for a "night-cap".

It has been a good 6 months or so since my last alcoholic beverage, probably even then only half a glass of champagne, and I'm not a big drinker anyway.

This morning was a session at the gym, only 479 calories. Plus a walkdawdle up and down the shopping centre - which is 2km.

4 comments:

  1. Well done and keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi katy thanks for the blog award, i feel so special now I have to go work out passing it on.

    Great result at weighin, I think that is something I have been a little hard on myself over, needing to learn that maintaing is ok , learning to live like a "normal person" Balancing food. Even though I still have 30 kgs to go not losing some weeks even small gains is all part of it.

    I have to ask how do you track I am finding after a year I am getting bogged sown wiht writing down everything I eat but I guess it is what works. I just tend to not write once I mess up.

    Thanks again for the award Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Katy! I found the last few kilos the hardest ... hard to stay focused. You seem to be doing so well at remembering what you are doing it for and what your goals are. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done at maintaining! Great work!

    ReplyDelete