Oh another one is over, and it's with a mixture of relief and regret. Regret because I had such a lovely time, and wish that it would keep going. Relief because I'm very glad to get back to routine.
Friday night was a very restless sleep, but after taking the kids to swimming on Saturday morning, I rode my bike to the gym and worked out regardless (523 cals). And I rode home. Definitely felt much better for going though, and am glad I worked through my mopeyness to go! I then did a little baking for the evening, when we were expecting some guests after our dinner out. And tidied the house.
It was so fantastic getting all dressed up for Saturday night!!! I got the clothes out for the kids, and hubby took care of getting them ready, and I took my time with a shower, shaving, make-up and actually deciding for 15 minutes which shoes to wear! I had a lovely dinner, and ended up choosing chicken risotto for dinner, which was delicious.
My IL's, my folks and sister came back to my house, though my folks and sister left after 30 minutes (at least they came back though, they normally wouldn't have). And just spent til 2am drinking, singing and eating! It was a beautiful night, just what I wanted. Though I'm sure I've probably put on 3kg just over the weekend!
Sunday we took the kids out for breakfast to McDonalds. I know, not fabulous, but the kids could play and I was able to relax, drink coffee and read the paper. The kids had a lovely nap, and hubby and I watched "Duplicity" which we both really enjoyed. Then headed out in the afternoon for a walk. Simple scrambled eggs for dinner, watched part 1 of Wuthering Heights on the ABC, and headed to bed early.
Woken early this morning by extremely heavy rain and couldn't get back to sleep, but thankfully the kids didn't wake up too. Headed to the gym and have to start making some headway on all the food I ate over the weekend!!!
My BIL and his family gave me the extension for the WiiFit - the Aerobic step-up, so it'll make doing "freestep" on the Wii a little harder, and much more of a workout, so I'm looking forward to using it this week. Have to admit though, I was still a little "what the?!" when I got it though - I know I'll use it, but thought it was an odd present for my 30th! LOL. My other BIL, however, has left me with a much lower opinion than I already had of him. Despite plenty of notice, they still couldn't come to celebrate for my birthday, and didn't even bother with a phone call or card. Pretty low - I've known him for as long as hubby (obviously!) and my opinion of him continues to get lower. He used to at least phone! Can't win 'em all though, and I know that's just how self-centered he (and his family) have become. Any other birthday, I've learnt not to let it bother me, I just would have thought for a milestone, he might actually be bothered making an effort.
As I said, relieved that we're back to routine this week, but it's looking to be a wet one, which means cabin fever with the kids! Argh.
Am feeling desperate to have some alone time with hubby. The kids were so very full-on these past few days, and I'm feeling very... crowded. Love 'em to bit, wouldn't trade them (despite last weeks incident) but I really need just a little bit of space. Will just have to push through it though, have no one to take them for even an hour anyway.
Last weeks incident has also left me feeling rather defeated with regards to the kids, and I'm usually pretty confident taking them out, but just don't have the fight left in me at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



GLad you had a nice night Katy, Family really hard to figure sometimes aren't they?
ReplyDeleteI hate when you go through stages with the kids and they muck up and you dread the next day or outing, then it just passes. Goodluck.
Hi Katy, I'm glad that you had a nice night celebrating your birthday. Family can be hard. I get so frustrated with mine sometimes and I just want to poke them with a big stick but I do love them to bits.
ReplyDeleteKen (my boyfriend) had 2 sisters. One died about 5 years ago and ever since then his family have been pretty miserable. His other sister is lucky to call him on his birthday. Sucks. Just telling you this story, so you know you aren't the only one!!
Hope you can have time with hubby this week. Don't doubt yourself with the kids, you're a great mum. Hope you have a nice week Katy
I'm glad you had a lovely weekend!
ReplyDelete