Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back in control, and feeling fine!

Yay! I stuck to 20 points yesterday. I'm back in control and I'm feeling fine!!! Really fine. Just that one day has made such a difference. The first day trying to pull yourself back into line is the hardest, but once you do it, you feel so much better, and it makes the following days much easier. Definitely a good reason to try and stick at it and be more consistent with my eating rather than huge blow outs. We all know moderation is the key, I just have a lot of problems sticking to it! I'm a big emotional eater, and a bit of a binge eater, so trying to keep both of those at bay is tough.

I had the most delicious lunch yesterday. Our WW meeting this week was about "power lunches" but the main theme was just to try and shake thing up a bit, and to stop eating the same thing, day in, day out, so you don't get bored or complacent. So I thought I'd try something a little different. I am lucky in that I'm home during the day to spend more time preparing my lunch, but honestly, most preparations can be done the night before while you're cooking dinner, so you don't spend any extra time in the kitchen, and you could just roast extra vegies that you might already be having for dinner.

So I roasted up a bunch of vegetables for 20 minutes: a small red capsicum (cut into chunks), a wedge of pumpkin (cut into small cubes) and half a punnet of grape tomatoes. Sprayed with oil, and sprinkled with salt and pepper. For the last couple of minutes of cooking, I drizzled over 2 teaspoons of honey, and 15g flaked almonds to toast. I spread this mixture over the top of a bed of baby spinach leave, drizzled with fat-free balsamic dressing and a bit of low-fat cottage cheese. OMG it was delicious!! 3 points!! Some croutons or a piece of toast would have gone nicely with it too, but I'd bought a large coffee that morning and needed to skimp a little on points. Think I'll make the same thing for lunch today.

I'm trying to put off the grocery shopping until tomorrow, so I'm making use of what is in my cupboard. Monday night I finally made the lamb hot-pot, and it was devine. Tuesday night I threw together a risotto with pumpkin and baby spinach. And last night I made vegetable korma curry - just 3 points for the sauce + points for the rice, which isn't bad for a curry. Today I'm going to buy some fresh fish and have it with homemade wedges and whatever vegetables we have left in the cupboard - potatoes made into wedges, pumpkin, carrots, cauli, zucchini, peas and corn.

Didn't take the kids out yesterday, they were terribly grumpy in the afternoon, but DID get on the Wii to do the step, plus 10 minutes of yoga. Went for my hour walk this morning, will jump on the Wii Fit again today.

2 comments:

  1. yeah Katy it is great to feel in control, your lunch sounded yummy, I will have to gice it a try. I like being home I plan out my lunch and always eat when bub has gone to bed. My fav lunch is an omellete with lots of veggies.

    I bought the wii fit plus yesterday , am yet to try it, have you seen it. ne wversion of wii fit, with more activities, It was under $30 at big w.

    Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for pulling yourself back into line, you continue to be an inspiration. All that yummy food sounds delicious - and healthy!

    ReplyDelete