Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Hardest Part

I'm doing my best to get number 18 from my 30-before-30 list done before next week. I definitely should have started long ago, and it is taking longer than I had anticipated! I have completed August 04-January 06 for Lego Boy, and then at least I'll be doubling up a bit for all three children. However, I think I've realised we're missing a few photos (we weren't totally digital then!), and also that I've purely been picking out photos of Lego Boy. Do I include other photos too?? I think I've spent at least 4 hours picking out photos, let alone getting them printed and putting them in an album!

I love seeing pictures of my little boy, and it's incredible how much he has grown and changed, but is still the same, affectionate little boy. But The Hardest Part (I love that Cold Play song, it is one of 'our' songs for Lego Boy) is seeing pictures of myself. As the months have passed, particularly after I went back to work 6 months after Lego Boy was born, I can see the weight packing on. And it went on so fast! Then once I got pregnant with DD, even more so. I can see my face getting more swollen. I just wish I could go back now and tell myself to stop. That it's not worth it. And that I regret not doing something sooner about my weight and my happiness.

Out this morning for a 60 minute walk - narrowly avoided one magpie! Thankfully the babies have started coming out of their nests, so hopefully magpie nesting season is over for another year! I struggled to get to 16 points yesterday. Funny how usually I struggle to spend anything less than 20 points, but by the end of yesterday, I did have a WW creme caramel and a glass of milk for dessert, but I couldn't 'make' myself eat anything else to make up those last 2 points. So I must plan a bit better to spend a few more points earlier in the day.

1 comment:

  1. I really should be getting my kids upto date too. Wtih my first we didn't ahve digital and I have s many photos in tubs, I also use to scrapbook and she has heaps of albums. DD2 has a few pages well DD3 has none, maybe time to spend some time on my hobby I enjoy.

    I guess Katy the thing is to be proud of what you have achieved this year, don't look back stand and be proud.

    ReplyDelete