Sunday, October 11, 2009

30 before 30 update

I thought it was about time I updated my "30 before 30" list. With only 9 days to go, I still have a bit to move on.

1. Read 12 books.
As per my previous post, this is completed.

2. Get myself properly fitted for some new bra's (and even buy a pair of matching undies!).
I must say, though I completed this last December, I'm definitely due for a new fitting since I've lost almost another 20kg since my last fitting.

3. Write in my journal, at least weekly.

4. Lose 30kg.
I'm so amazingly proud to report I've definitely met and exceeded this goal!!! I've now lost 33.1kg, and I should still lose another kilo or so leading up to my birthday. I have just under 5kg to go to my goal weight.

5. Try a new recipe every fortnight, and fit in one vegetarian and/or fish meal each week.
Tick!

6. Increase my exercise, so that I am doing some form of exercise 3 times a week.
I'm now exercising at least 6 days a week! A year ago, I never thought I could do 3 times a week. Now I LOVE exercise. I get antsy and moody without it.

7. Organise a Naming Day for DD and DS#2.
Done - back in November!

8. Sell or give away my “big” clothes and buy smaller clothes second hand.
I finally listed some of my old size 18 and size 16 clothes (mainly pants) on eBay last week. They should be out of the house during the week. There are few other bits that I've donated.

9. Make time to give myself a facial weekly.
Not as often as I should, but I HAVE implemented a daily cleansing routine and I exfoliate twice a week, which has lead to a remarked improvement in my skin tone. I give myself a facial maybe monthly, and I think that's enough, so I'm ticking this one off.

10. Eat a piece of fruit daily.
Tick!

11. Bake weekly.
Tick!

12. Maintain our budget on a weekly basis, and keep within our budget each month
Tick!

13. Fix our home loan.
Tick!

14. Do something more active with the kids each week - the park, craft, painting, a walk, bike ride, going to the library.
Tick!

15. Catch up with my folks fortnightly.
Tick!

16. Finish framing the kids “going home” outfits.
I got all the little bits I needed to finish this project off. Lego Boy's is completed. DD's is half way done, and Busters won't take long at all. I've also finished my montage from hubby and my wedding as well. So very close to ticking this off!

17. Download our photos monthly and categorise on the computer.
Tick!

18. Begin a photo album for each child and get it up-to-date.
I just have to get started. Once I'm in the 'zone' it will only take a couple of hours.

19. Frame and hang another wedding photo.
Financially, I don't think I'll be able to get this done, however I do have the negatives, so I'd like to scan a couple of those in, print them, and put them in some frames we already have as a surprise.

20. Clean out the toy cupboard and label the toy boxes.
Labels are still pending and are on the list. It's a 5 minute job Katy, get a move on!

21. Go and see a show with hubby.
Buddy Holly.

22. Revise our home and contents insurance for June 2009 so we are not under-insured, and shop around for the best price.
We were insured for around $64k - our estimate said we probably had closer to $130k worth of "stuff"!! So I upgraded this on Friday to $100k, a compromise. I discussed the list with hubby, and we both agreed on this value, as we most likely wouldn't replace every single tiny item we listed on our list (eg one TV, not three, one computer, not three etc).

23. Borrow more books from the library, rather than buying them.
Tick!

24. Appreciate my husband more.
Tick!

25. Start a "movie night" up with the kids once a month where we set up the projector and big screen and watch disney movies and eat popcorn.
Tick!

26. Join a playgroup.
Still haven't got the courage up to do this yet.

27. Fix up DS2's room - paint, new chest of drawers.
Tick!

28. Meal plan - and reduce our takeaway consumption.
Tick!

29. Take the children to the movies.
Done - Monsters vs Aliens in April!

30. Restart the childrens "What I am up to" journals. Just recounting various things they have said, done or are doing for their records.
I have started these up again. I have a specified folder for them, I've dug out Lego Boys old diary and some old updates for DD and Buster. Eventually I'd like to collate these with various photos to tell a "story".

5 comments:

  1. Katy you are so productive. I need to get on top of my list. Thanks for reminding me. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done so well on your list! I'm not making nearly as much progress, I have about 6.5 months to go until my 30th... Must get onto it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel engerised just reading your list! Wow, you have done so well. It must feel great to write it all down and to tick off so many items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy I just wanted to say hi and to delurk myself I have been reading your blog for awhile now and really look foward to your posts, you are insiring to me. I too am doing ww and to date have lost jut under 40kgs with still about 30 to go.

    I am from Penrith so it is nice having a blogger relatively close to where I live. hehe

    Jillxx look foward to more reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are kicking butt with that list Katy!!

    ReplyDelete