Tuesday, October 20, 2009

30 before 30 update


Today is the big 3-0! I think I've completed everything, bar two things: playgroup and finishing the kids albums - but they're about 30% done. I'm pretty satisfied with my list. From now on, I'm going to stick with monthly tasks. A whole year was a LOT to focus on. Maybe 40 before 40 in 9 years time?
I do have to share, that I have some absolutely wonderful online friends - one sent me the most devine card and a voucher to splurge on some clothes or shoes for myself; another some gorgeous MOR body butter in geranium scent (mmm!) and another sent a gorgeous card and this devine bunch of flowers as a gift from her and a weight-loss support group I'm proud to be a member of:
These friends have been staples and forms of much needed support over the years, and I'm so proud to have them as my friends. xoxo

1. Read 12 books.
As per my previous post, this is completed.

2. Get myself properly fitted for some new bra's (and even buy a pair of matching undies!).
I must say, though I completed this last December, I'm definitely due for a new fitting since I've lost almost another 20kg since my last fitting.

3. Write in my journal, at least weekly.

4. Lose 30kg.
I'm so amazingly proud to report I've definitely met and exceeded this goal!!! I've now lost 33.1kg, and I should still lose another kilo or so leading up to my birthday. I have just under 5kg to go to my goal weight.

5. Try a new recipe every fortnight, and fit in one vegetarian and/or fish meal each week.
Tick!

6. Increase my exercise, so that I am doing some form of exercise 3 times a week.
I'm now exercising at least 6 days a week! A year ago, I never thought I could do 3 times a week. Now I LOVE exercise. I get antsy and moody without it.

7. Organise a Naming Day for DD and DS#2.
Done - back in November!

8. Sell or give away my “big” clothes and buy smaller clothes second hand.
I made about $60, which isn't too bad, and will almost fund the dress I bought a couple of weeks back. At least it's they're of my house now! See parcels below.



9. Make time to give myself a facial weekly.
Not as often as I should, but I HAVE implemented a daily cleansing routine and I exfoliate twice a week, which has lead to a remarked improvement in my skin tone. I give myself a facial maybe monthly, and I think that's enough, so I'm ticking this one off.

10. Eat a piece of fruit daily.
Tick!

11. Bake weekly.
Tick!

12. Maintain our budget on a weekly basis, and keep within our budget each month
Tick!

13. Fix our home loan.
Tick!

14. Do something more active with the kids each week - the park, craft, painting, a walk, bike ride, going to the library.
Tick!

15. Catch up with my folks fortnightly.
Tick!

16. Finish framing the kids “going home” outfits.
Done! Might still need a few finishing touches, but I'm pretty stoked with the result. Now to get hubby to hang them.









17. Download our photos monthly and categorise on the computer.
Tick!

18. Begin a photo album for each child and get it up-to-date.
This has taken so much longer than I had expected. I'm guessing I'm about 30% done - I'm half way through the photos, then I have to put them in the albums I've purchased. Maybe by Christmas?!


19. Frame and hang another wedding photo.
Excuse the dodgy photo of photos, but I did it! They're in frames, and ready to be presented.




20. Clean out the toy cupboard and label the toy boxes.
Who knows if they'll stay that way, but they're done! Here is an example of one of the labels:
21. Go and see a show with hubby.
Buddy Holly.

22. Revise our home and contents insurance for June 2009 so we are not under-insured, and shop around for the best price.
We were insured for around $64k - our estimate said we probably had closer to $130k worth of "stuff"!! So I upgraded this on Friday to $100k, a compromise. I discussed the list with hubby, and we both agreed on this value, as we most likely wouldn't replace every single tiny item we listed on our list (eg one TV, not three, one computer, not three etc).

23. Borrow more books from the library, rather than buying them.
Tick!

24. Appreciate my husband more.
Tick!

25. Start a "movie night" up with the kids once a month where we set up the projector and big screen and watch disney movies and eat popcorn.
Tick!

26. Join a playgroup.
Still haven't got the courage up to do this yet.

27. Fix up DS2's room - paint, new chest of drawers.
Tick!

28. Meal plan - and reduce our takeaway consumption.
Tick!

29. Take the children to the movies.
Done - Monsters vs Aliens in April!

30. Restart the childrens "What I am up to" journals. Just recounting various things they have said, done or are doing for their records.
Tick!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Katy. A whole much happier, vibrant and SKINNIER Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Katy!! Well done on all your achievements, you have done so well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Katy! What a wonderful bunch of flowers!! :)

    You're a special lady and hope you have an awesome day!

    Congratulations on everything you've achieved :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 30th Katy , hope you are enjoying your day. good work on the 30 before 30. the kids outfits look great. Happy birthday

    ReplyDelete