Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Beautiful birthday and Weigh in

I got through yesterday just fine! I'm finally 30, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I had a beautiful day with my family - hubby decided spur of the moment to take a day off - and I didn't want the day to be over.

In the morning, I got up as normal and went for my 60 minute walk, and walked back in the house to a chorus of "happy birthday Mum!!" from the kids. Hubby made me breakfast and did my morning chores while I had a shower, and then we headed out to the Garden Nursery to get a few seedlings for a small hedge under our new trellis, and for out in our side garden. We went to Muffin Break for a lovely morning tea, then packed up to head to the beach.

We decided to go to Terrigal, and also stayed to have chicken sandwiches for lunch, and the kids had a lovely play in the sand and Lego Boy played in the water.

Home, and hubby planted our new plants and baked some cupcakes :)

I still headed out to my WW meeting! I lost 1.9kg this week - which is a fabulous result for the 18 point days I stuck to (bar one 21 point day) and the 5 or so hours of exercise I clocked up over the week. I hope to maintain that loss this week, with a few challenges this week.
I got home around 7:45pm, and my SIL and my nieces popped over to say happy birthday, we had cupcakes, and they left about 9:30. By which time I was past hungry, so didn't thoroughly enjoy the Thai takeaway I picked up on the way home from my meeting! But it was still absolutely delicious (I ordered chicken pad thai, with chilli), but it was far too late to eat.

Also had a few little chocolate covered Macadamia's for dessert, which were also delicious. All up about 31 points for the day, which I'm pretty pleased about, certainly not the blow-out I had expected it to be!

Hubby and the kids made me a beautiful card - all the kids helped to decorate, and Lego Boy wrote the card. My iPod Nano is my present, and also have another wonderful surprise - a Hot Air Balloon flight around the end of November!!! :D :D I'm extremely excited!!!!

Also, my girlfriends who are supporting me on a forum in our Weight Loss thread, have been thoroughly spoiling me with birthday cards, flowers and I also received another surprise yesterday of a voucher to a Day Spa!! They've thoroughly spoilt me and made me feel so very special.

I see some of my family tonight, and more at a birthday dinner on Saturday night.

xo

8 comments:

  1. Own that 30 Katy - sounds like you had a wonderful day! You deserve it all, you've worked like a damm trojan this year. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Katy! And happy 30th!

    Sounds like you had a fabulous day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great day Katy topped off with a great loss, Enjoy all your celebrations, you only turn 30 once. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday ~ I am so glad that you had a wonderful day.

    Well done on the fantastic loss also..

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a thoroughly wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late wishing you a Happy Birthday. Congratulations! It sounds like you had a lovely day and you did wonderfully well at your WW weigh in. All the hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Katy, it sounds like a lovely birthday!

    Chicken Pad Thai is my favourite Thai too! :)

    I'm glad you had a lovely day and such a great loss!!!

    Your forum sounds so supportive and caring! Could you share it with me so I can pop over sometime for some inspiration?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy, I'm just catching up on posts....

    Happy Birthday again, what an awesome day, lovely hubby, lovely kids, and what a bonus to have such a great weight loss.

    Welcome to the big 30! So far it's been my favourite year :)

    ReplyDelete