Monday, October 12, 2009

Meal Plan Monday and weekend wrap up

We had a little bit of an odd finish to last week, as on Thursday we were all sick with a tummy bug, and it was only a very simple meal of toast for dinner. We ended up going out to see my Mum and Dad again on Saturday (in the Blue Mountains), followed by dinner with my IL's (in Menai). The kids immensely enjoyed their day playing with their cousins and 'helping' Grandad.

On Sunday we decided to have a simple day at home after a busy day on Saturday. I stayed in bed with the kids until 10:30! I made some pumpkin soup with some focaccia for lunch (all from the cupboard!), and also some beef korma curry in the slow cooker, which is packaged up for hubby's lunches for a couple of weeks. Oh, and of course we had the Bathurst 1000 on in the background.

Sunday night is typically an easy night, and this week was no exception. Mum packed me a cooler bag full of leftovers as she and Dad are leaving to go to the MotoGP at Phillip Island, on the back of Dad's bike, which means we had salad, lasagne, sausages and some pasta from the freezer for dinner .

Only got in a 30 minute walk on Saturday morning before our big day out, and a small 15 minute bike ride on Sunday, but it was better than nothing! This morning I got to the gym, and burnt 525 cals.

It's not payday until Thursday, and we still have about $70 left to spend, so I'm going to try and do my best and just eat from the pantry, and just get some fresh F&V this week, and hopefully put off a full grocery shop until next Monday. On Friday, I did have to get some fresh milk, eggs and milk, and also scored a huge pumpkin for just $2 from Woolies, so that will have to be featured this week.

Monday - home-crumbed veal with mashed potato and vegies

Tuesday - Bacon and Pumpkin pesto pasta


Wednesday - Beef stroganoff with rice and steamed vegies


Thursday - chicken cacciatore with cous cous and steamed vegies


Friday - BBQ steak with salad and homemade garlic bread


Saturday - homemade pasta with alla matriciana sauce (trying a new recipe from Nicole at Planning with Kids) with salad and leftover garlic bread


Sunday - chunky beef and mushroom pie with steamed vegies

4 comments:

  1. Katy i am sure going to be learning some great money saving ideas from you, I love it. DOn't you just love lazy sunday's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again Katy can you tell how you highlight asomething so people can click into the link, I noticed you have done it afew time, I had been shown but have forgotten. Thanks Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill! when I'm the edit mode, I highlight the text I'd like to have the actie link to. Then, there is a button above the text box- the 5th one along (excluding the font drop down box), and I think "link" comes up with you flash your mouse over it. When you click it, it will then come up with a box, and you can paste the URL in there.
    I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy,

    Sounds like a lovely time with family. My brother goes to the Moto GP on phillip island every year. I love phillip island for the penguins :)

    That mushroom and beef pie sounds delicous!

    ReplyDelete