Well, I'm ashamed to say I didn't fit in nearly as much exercise as I had hoped! I did get to the gym on Saturday morning (547 cals) and that was it! I headed back this morning too (550 cals). We were just so busy, and it frustrates me having one of those weekends where you spend it running around (figuratively!) and not relaxing, particularly if it's a long weekend, as I'm always grateful to have hubby around for that extra day.
Saturday the kids were off swimming and I went to the gym while hubby popped in with the kids to see his brother. Then we headed off to visit my cousin, who was camping at Norah Head - I don't think she could have picked a wetter weekend!!! This picture above is from a visit back in September 2007. Absolutely gorgeous spot, and a lovely beach for the kiddies too.
As it was pouring with rain, we dressed the kids up in their raincoats, gum boots and gave them their umbrellas, and they had a ball! We spent a few hours there, and then headed out to do our bulk meat shop. Home, started the dough for pizza, and spent the rest of the afternoon cutting up meat and packaging it for freezing.
Hubby and I are re-watching some movies from when we were younger, and it's funny how they're so different now we're grown up and have kids of our own! We got the kids off to bed as usual, and then had a late dinner with our homemade pizza with our movie. We watched Mission Impossible. Can you believe it's 13 years old now?!
Sunday morning I spent prepping for our guests on Monday, and hubby cleaned up a bit and finished cutting up the meat. Then we headed off for my niece's birthday party, and luckily the weather held out!! They had invited around 60 people, which is a lot for a smaller house, but we all squeezed in, then settled in for the Rugby League Grand Final. Rather disappointing result, but I'm so proud of Parra going from third last to second, I think that's an awesome achievement! I was hoping Luke Burt (my favourite player!) would get his Grand Final win, but it wasn't to be. Late night with the party continuing on and Singstar.
Monday I was hosting my sisters birthday lunch! So I guess I did get some exercise in spending an hour cleaning up, and then cooking. The food was delicious, and it was a very wonderful afternoon. We went for a little bushwalk, and we were almost home when an exciting thunderstorm started! Kids were happy to go to bed early again (well, 7:30!), after a day with no sleep, and we collapsed again with Look Who's Talking Too, after finishing Look Who's Talking. Loved that movie so much more now I'm a parent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eating was very dreadful over the weekend. I did well on Sunday to steer away from ALL the party food - I even took my own dinner!! But then I succumbed and had a few biccies and dessert. I went all-out yesterday, as I expected, but I enjoyed every bit. Think I might have to avoid my weigh in this week!
Looking forward to a relatively quiet week, with just a visit to Mums on Wednesday, and again on Saturday so hubby can scan some photos for my 30th birthday video that he's putting together.
I think I'm going to have to add a few new recipes this week, I don't think I can save them all for Friday! Jo has especially asked for my beef and gnocchi pie recipe, so I'll make sure I get that up when I make it!



Phew, I'm exhausted just reading about all of that! Don't beat yourself up about food, just move on and keep doing the wonderful job that you have been doing. It's what counts overall, not one meal, or one day, (or even one weekend!).
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the beef and gnocchi pie!
What a busy weekend! I love the lighthouse at Norah Head.
ReplyDelete