Monday, October 19, 2009

October Pay - Monthly Grocery Budget Summary Update

I was 85c over!! $800.85 for the month, which I'm pleased about. We even hosted a games night with our IL's and it fit within our budget!

This is how we spent our money:
27.3% F&V (again, this continues to rise)
19.6% dairy(yoghurt, cheese, milk, eggs) - also on the rise, particularly as I've been using egg as a protein source for breakfasts and lunch, plus I've been buying more yoghurt as snacks as the weather gets warmer
15.9% meat (beef, fish, chicken, cold meat, including $100 put aside for a meat shop this coming month)
15.2% pantry items(tinned tomatoes, tinned fruit (good in case we run out of fresh stuff), cereal (a biggy), sauces, oil, flour, yeast etc) - up again this month
9.7% health and cleaning (deoderant, pads, tampons, toilet paper, cleaning, washing powder etc) - stocked up on toilet paper and washing powder this month, so I'm pleaesd we still stuck close to our budget despite it!
3.1% bread - surprisingly low, probably as I've been using leftovers more effectively for kids lunches, plus making quiches and things for lunches
4.7% nappies and wipes - consistent!
1.7% soft drink
1.8% junk food and "treats" - glad to see this figure went down a lot this month
0.9% dog food

My aim for the November pay period (ending 15 November) is to again keep under the $800 mark. I'm starting to stock up on a few non-perishables for Christmas - this shop I bought a few bottles of soft drink, and will track how much I spent towards hosting Christmas lunch, so I don't go overboard! My two BIL's and their families will each contribute $50, so I'm guessing we'll spend around the $200 mark for lunch, including meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment