Usually, I don't do my plan on a Monday. This week is no exception! I don't run on a conventional shop, I just aim to do 4 shops a month, as we get paid monthly, and I try and carry things over a bit. I actually did it on Thursday night and did the shopping on Friday, but for the sake of a long weekend and a busy one at that, I'm posting this on a Monday.
We have busy weekend planned, and I'm hosting my little sisters (hmmm.... 26 year old!) birthday lunch this year, which I'm very excited about.
Friday - fish, wedges and vegies
Saturday - homemade pizzas (popular request this week!)
Sunday - at the IL's following a birthday party, or failing that, leftovers
Monday -
L) see menu below
D) leftovers
Tuesday - curry chicken and tomato pilaf
Wednesday - at Mums
Thursday - Beef and gnocchi pie with vegetables
Friday - homemade crumbed veal, mash and vegies
Lucy's Birthday Menu
Starters
- mini sausages rolls (her request)
- spinach and cheese triangles
- mini satay chicken skewers
Lunch
- gourmet sausages and chicken kebabs (also her request)
- garden salad
- roasted pumpkin, baby spinach and pinenut salad
- vegetable pie
- baked potatoes
- rolls
Dessert
- raspberry cupcakes with white chocolate ganash
- Liss' mini-pavlovas with fresh cream with seasonal fruit
This weeks bargains
- 3 punnets of strawberries for $2
- 1kg pink lady apples for $2 (almost at the end of the apple season, boohoo!)
- grapes $1.99/kg
- big bunch celery 89c
- 1kg red capsicum $2.99
- large rockmelon $1.50
- seedless watermelon 99c/kg
- basil pesto $2.50
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey Katy!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and wanted to award you with this!
http://lifeandothermusings.blogspot.com/2009/10/lovely-blog-award.html
Cheers, Vicki
That sounds like a delicious week ahead Katy. Have fun with your sister's birthday celebrations. x
ReplyDeleteOMG Katy ~ that beef and gnocchi pie sounds interesting and delish... care to share the recipe? Pretty please...
ReplyDeleteHave fun at the party and great work with the blog.
What a delicous looking birthday menu. Hope the birthday girl has a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteWith regard to my Spinach Pie, the only family member who doesn't like it dislikes onions. Also, it is pretty high in calories, however I've had good results by halving the amount of Olive Oil.