DS#2 isn't a huge vegie eater at the moment. By the age of 2, my DS#1 and DD were loving their vegies, but I just can't get DS#2 into them! I'm sure with time, and persistance, he'll grow into them, but I'm all for finding special ways for 'sneaking' them into his diet. This dish is colourful, and he demolished the lot, without even questioning the peas. You really could add any vegetables you have leftover to this dish.
I also frequently make this dish for parties, when we have 20+ mouth to feed.
Special Fried Rice
Serves 4 children sized portions
3 tsp canola oil
1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 eggs, lightly beaten
60g ham or bacon (I used leftovers)
2/3 cup peas, steamed (I used leftovers)
2/3 cup corn, steamed (I used leftovers)
2 grated carrots
3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
black pepper
2 cups cooked rice, white or brown (I used leftovers, and day-old rice is PERFECT for this as it's had a chance to dry out a bit)
1. Heat 1tsp oil in frying pan, and add onion and capsicum. Fry until soft and golden. Remove from pan.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil in frying pan, and add eggs. Cook through, cutting in quarters, and flipping. Remove from pan, and dice.
3. Heat remaining oil in frying pan, and add ham or bacon, cooking for a minute or so until heated through. Add all vegetables to the pan, heating through.
4. Add warmed rice, pepper and soy sauce.
5. Serve.
Kids love this, and hubby happily demolished it too. The servings are quite large, so there may be leftovers!



No comments:
Post a Comment