Friday, November 27, 2009

This weeks weigh in and topic

100g loss this week! I'm pretty pleased with that, considering I ate a bit of the 'wrong' food over the weekend, and I'm retaining fluid with the heat (yes, it's true!). Ultimately, of course I want to be at goal for Christmas, but I'm going to be realistic and say that I would be happy to maintain my weight over the next month or so.

It was great to go to a different meeting this week - I love my leader on Tuesday nights, she's very funny, entertaining and gets everyone involved, but Thursday nights meeting - aside from being MUCH quieter - the leader is much more factual, much more prepared, and much more thorough, which also appeals to me.

This week we were talking about the "Rhythm of Life" and solutions for why the scales might not move. Things like water retention - which they say is a myth. But is it?? The 'solution' was to drink more water, but for me, it doesn't matter HOW much more I drink, I just naturally retain more fluid toward the last half of my 'month' then lose it in the first week again.

Their tips were mainly:
  • To look at your progress over the month, rather than just weekly;
  • To drink more water to flush out and reduce the sodium in your diet;
  • Eat more fibre (F&V);
  • Plot your emotional status over the month; and
  • If medication might be causing a problem, to speak with your doctor about possibly changing your medication with less side effects.

And of course, to look at your plateau busters as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment