Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Toilet Training -eek


One of my 'projects' for November is to toilet train Buster. So far, not so good. I didn't have nearly this much 'trouble' with Lego Boy and Daisy. Is it because I'm hanging onto my 'baby'? Or that we have more commitments now?

The other two would happily sit on the potty, or even the toilet, and thought it was rather fun. Not so with Buster. Everything is met with resistance, "no" and tears. No bribes of stamps, stickers or toys seems to be helping. Even putting the telly on as distraction has had limited success.

I must admit, my persistance hasn't gotten far, especially with last weeks incident. So far I have a wee on the tiles in the kitchen, a wee on the tiles in the bathroom waiting for the bath, a wee in his undies while outside playing and a poo. All the wees have been 'accidents', and he is refusing to sit on the potty, and they were moments of push-back.

He is almost 2.5, and while I know boys tend to take longer than girls, I'm fairly confident he is ready - he tells me after he has poo'd and his nappy is staying drier for longer.

I'm trying not to let my frustration show, however I can here - ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 minutes sitting on the potty, when I *can* get him to sit, nets nothing. And I do have other thing to fit into the day, and I do need to just simply find the time. Hard, when I then need to spend more time at home, which means consolidating more into the trips to the shop/library/post office etc, but I can't consolidate my trips now with Daisy's frequent melt-downs.

Add to that that my favourite nappies were the You'll Love Coles brand, and they've just changed them and they're crap! The Aldi ones are far too stiff, but then these ones now leak, the filling moves, and they stink.

1 comment:

  1. If it's any consolation my now 8yo boy didn't master the art of poo-ing till he was about 3.5 yo. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete