Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Another weekend gone, and I'm pleased to say that the weekend was rather restful - probably the last one in a while, with the weekends booking up rather quickly in the lead up to Christmas!

Hubby was wonderful and gave me the day off again on Saturday! We all went to swimming, and then he packed up the kids and himself a picnic lunch, and headed off with the kids to Newcastle to visit Frontline Hobbies with the kids. He loves RC gear, and has a helicopter, and was looking at the cars and planes, deciding what he might move to next. Very proud of him for going to such a shop with 3 inquisitive littlies!! They had a picnic lunch by the water, and a leisurely play.

Meanwhile, I rode my bike to the gym (and back!) - 530 cals. 528 cals burnt on Friday, at least I'm consistent. Then had a lovely cool shower, dropped off some dry-cleaning for hubby, and chose some new gym clothes from Target with one of the vouchers I received for my birthday. They had 25% off the gear, plus a tshirt was marked down (that I'll use for walking), and for $52 I got a pair of 3/4 skinny pants, a singlet workout shirt and a 'muscle shirt' (oh how I hate that term!) for going walking in. Rather pleased with that effort.

I then came home and had lunch while watching Confessions of a Shopaholic. I really enjoyed the movie! It wasn't deep and intellectual, but it was a bit of fun, and I though Isla was great in the role!


Hubby was then almost home with the kids, so we met at the shops for a late afternoon tea, before heading to the IL's for dinner and a games night.

Sunday the kids treated us to a 7:30am sleep in (bliss!), I had put some fruit bread into the breadmaker the night before for toast in the morning, and I watched hubby do the lawns. I've been so insanely tired lately, that hubby put me down for a nap after lunch! Not sure why I've been so tired, considering things haven't changed much of late, but I think the blood donation really shook me this week, as I've been feeling rather light-headed since Thursday night when I donated.

Though we made a meal plan last week, we don't always stick to it! Hubby made pizzas on Sunday, dough and everything! Was absolutely delicious, and I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch today. We also watched Adventureland last night, which was a bit slow, but so funny if you've worked (or know someone who has worked) at a fun-park.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend, How funny I too watched confessions of a shop a holic on Saturday afternoon , at my sil house. It is scarey Xmas is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete