I loved this weekend. It was a perfect combination for me - a little socialising and lots of relaxing time. On Saturday, awoke to the kids screaming and arguing. At 6am. Ignored them. Almost drifted off to sleep, and then at 6:20 the dog next door started yapping. Fabulous start to the day! My head was pounding with a huge headache.
But it had to get better! I headed to the gym for a measely 461 cals. Which is pretty crap, but I woke up with the most dreadful headache, and my head was pumping even worse with the exercise, but I still completed my 30 minutes. Also had a really bizarre incident with my hand where I lost individual "control" of my ring finger on my left hand. After 10 minutes it righted itself, but it happened a couple of times during the day.
Thankfully hubby looked after the kids, and I was able to have a little nap in the afternoon which finally rid me of the headache. Hubby continued to work up the side of the house, and the trellis is finished! He also began digging out the garden bed for under the trellis. We then got dressed, as we'd been invited to a Halloween party. Now, I'm not into Halloween. I think the original tradition is fine, but all the commercial crap that now comes with it is completely over the top. I really don't like that it's becoming such a custom here. But, we don't know a lot of people since we moved up here, and thought we should take advantage of this kind invitation and go and enjoy some new company.
We had a lovely evening, and didn't end up leaving until 11:30pm! The kids had a ball, and even Buster was able to stay up that late (with thanks to a late afternoon sleep). Most people made an effort with costume - I was able to borrow a black netted skirt from one of the trainers at the gym and made some "devil" ears, along with black boots and a black shirt. Nothing too over the top, understated for me all the way!
Sunday was a nice sleep in until 8am (thanks kids!!), and homemade fruit toast. Yum. Hubby went to work on the garden with the kids, and over the day finished bricking the edging for the garden out the side. Made some scones for morning tea, read some of my book, made some chicken burgers for lunch, then headed out with Lego Boy for a birthday party for one of his friends from preschool. It ended up being a big combined party with two other children, and there were around 35 kids there (!!). I chatted with a couple of the Mums, then headed home about 4:30. Simple spag bol for dinner, as by that time I simply decided I couldn't be bothered making gnocchi!
The second part of Wuthering Heights was on the ABC, so we watched that and some of the show afterwards, and headed off to bed relatively early.
Nothing terribly exciting, but feeling much more relaxed this morning!
Pretty busy week ahead - meeting a friend for lunch on Tuesday, helping hubby organise a Melbourne Cup afternoon tea for Tuesday, and Lego Boy has his first day of orientation on Thursday morning! That coupled with a tonne of washing to do to catch up from all the rain of last week (sheets mainly!), and general tidying around the house, will be a busy week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sounds like a deliciously nice weekend Katy!
ReplyDeleteThat does sound like a wonderful weekend! What's going up on the lattice? Passionfruit? Jasmine?
ReplyDeleteHi Katy sounds like you had a great weekend. Your menu looks so yummy this week might come for dinner. hehe. The tortilla stack looks yummo. I love a bargain. But I ma a shocker and still haven't cleaned out my pantry to get on top of that grocery budget. you motivate me to ope up my excel and start budgetting hehe
ReplyDelete