Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Weigh-in

1.5kg!!! I lost 1.5kg this week!!! So it only took me 2 weeks to lose my birthday celebration weight, and I'm back to 35kg lost. I have just 2.7kg to go until I get to goal, so close I can taste it.

With 6 weeks until Christmas, I definitely want to be at goal that Tuesday before Christmas. I think it's perfectly realistic to expect to lose an average of 500g a week to get to that goal, without putting too much pressure on myself.

It was a little more than expected, although I had worked hard this week. I tracked EVERYTHING, I stuck to my points 6 days from 7 - and made up the 10 points I ate over last Thursday with exercise. I did about 5 hours of exercise, and spend about 3 hours walking around shopping on Saturday as incidental exercise!! It's also TTOM, and the water retention goes on a Monday, which probably account for an extra 500g or so loss. Just means I need to keep working hard to maintain that loss this week!
I'm pretty proud of myself this past week - I've got the head space at the moment, and the only expectation of myself is to aim for any form of loss or maintenance. I'll accept any gain graciously, but I'm not taking the "all or nothing" approach. It puts too much pressure on myself, and especially with Christmas coming up, all you can do is make the BEST choice MOST of the time.
Also, it's been a rough week emotionally, especially with respect to the kids and my low energy levels. So I'm proud I've managed to get through this week without blowing it, without binging, and making sensible choices that fit into my point. Hell, I even ate McDONALDs this week, and still lost. And I didn't really enjoy it (OK, I did enjoy the sundae) as much as I would a home-cooked meal, but the point is I could eat out like everyone else and still lose weight. I actually had one of the Mums come up to me from the preschool committee on the fundraiser night, who knows I'm doing Weight Watchers, and say "did you eat anything tonight?" Of course I did! I just had to watch what it was that I chose. And it fit well within my points, and I had 1 point to spare. Like I was going to go and just watch everyone else eat around me!

I do Weight Watchers Unlimited plan, so I get to log in and take advantage of their online tracker (though I don't), extra recipes, and I can also enter my weight and measurements. Below is the current chart of my progress since I began last October. As you can see, a few ups and downs, but the overall trend is down, and relatively consistent. A bit further down, it says my average loss over that period of time is 600g, within their recommended 0.5-1kg a week. I have weeks where I lose a little bit, and weeks (like this week) where I lose a bit more, but it's important to look at the overall trend.

I know it is hideously small, but below is a table of my measurements - I take them on the first weigh-day of each month. Overall, I've lost 175cm. That's MORE than my height! That averages out at 3cm per week. I've copied my thigh and calf measurements, as I only take the left one. Didn't do the same for my arms, but you get the idea. It's a really useful tool, especially for those weeks where you don't lose weight, you may lose centimetres.

A few challenges this week - Mums tonight, which will no doubt be spag bol and salad (easy) and dessert (hard). Also have a games night at my IL's on Saturday which usually involves binging on junk, but it's my turn to supply it, and I'm supplying Fantastic "Delites" (rice cracker 'chips'), marshmallows and mainly jube lollies. So even if I do eat a bit extra, it won't be as bad as blocks of chocolate or full-fat chips!

Other than that, I feel pretty confident with the week ahead. I'm starting to feel (finally) that everything is falling into place, I can try anything I want, it' jut moderation and balancing it out with your other choices.

Exercise - yesterday was a 1 hour walk, this morning was the gym (562 cals).

2 comments:

  1. way to go on the great loss Katy. this time of the year is hard. i am setting myself a small goal for xmas. i love tracking my weigh on the ww site, I like the graphs.

    I love the fantastic delites, salt and vinegar is my fav. enjoy your dinner tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Katy - I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete