This Apple Slice is just devine. You can serve it cold, if you like, but I simply love it warm with some ice-cream or custard. It's simple, it takes 10 minutes to prepare, and I usually put it in the oven to cook while we eat dinner.
Sometimes I add a little milk to make the mixture a little more 'spreadable'.
Ingredients
125g butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
2 eggs
1 cup SR flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 1/2 cups stewed apple, well drained, or 400g tin pie apple
Method
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
2. Sift flour with spices, fold lightly into creamed mixture.
3. Spread 2/3 mixture over base of a greased and lined 20cm square cake tin.
4. Cover with apples, and spread lightly with remaining cake mixture on top, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment