Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Windfall Fund - November Update

Balance as at 2nd November- $409.39

Amount added to account over October - $136.13

This month I added in:
$20 cheque from our Toll pass for using the M4. I finally went back over the last year of statements, and was entitled to a refund from SWR that I hadn't claimed yet;
$12 from lottery ticket winnings - lottery tickets were a gift in a birthday card, I don't buy them;
$40 reimbursement for a car wash for our lease car. Figured we paid in cash and hadn't missed it, so chucked it into the Windfall Fund;
$45 leftover from our budget last month;
$1.31 in interest;
the remainder was profit from selling my old 'fat' clothes.

Next month, I'm expecting another good boost, as PayPal hadn't yet processed a withdrawal for my eBay sales of my old fat clothes.

I'm pretty stoked that I've managed to save over $400 in 4 months from essentially nothing! This money would have otherwise have been eaten up in day-to-day expenditure, possibly even chucked into the mortgage - which is of benefit, but it's nice knowing how much you can pull out when you need to. At the moment, if I deposited that $400 into our mortgage, we would save $1,200 in interest over the term of the loan - in otherwords, I'd triple my money!

But I still think I'll keep it for a rainy day, as we're making good in-roads in the mortgage already.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Katy! Do you have a template of your budget you could email me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow $400 in couple of months is great, it is so easy to spend money with out realising.

    ReplyDelete