Friday, November 6, 2009
The. Worst. Mother. Ever.
I'll elaborate a bit more later when I've calmed down, but for the moment - I don't think I can ever take the kids out to the shops, by myself, again. Which means I will be forever stuck at home in effectively a prison. I am over it. Just over it. I am so close to just packing my bags and moving on. I just don't know how to deal with Daisy, and I am sick of trying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



NOT POSSIBLE Katy. These little people test us don't they?? I've been feeling this way myself although haven't had a shopping centre "incident" as yet. I'm sure all us fellow Mums of toddlers totally identify but mostly - we support you!
ReplyDeleteI hear you sister! Hubby donated blood on Wednesday and asked me if I wanted to bring the kids to hang out in Chatswood whilst he was getting done. He was surprised when the thought of three whinging, demanding and overly TOUCHING children solo was not my idea of fun.
ReplyDeleteI hate admitting it but I have DEFINITELY been there. These 3 little men that share my world test me on a daily basis. A multiple times a day basis. Sometimes, a multiple times an hour basis. Oh. My. Goodness. I have had the super market experience, the child being a bully at the park experience, the being called to pick up a screaming preschooler from school experience, the grandparents can't take baby-sitting anymore experience, etc etc etc. And there are times when I am so ready to throw in the towel. Those times never last longer than a hot bath with a glass of wine takes but they pop up sometimes. I guess I'm just saying you're not alone. You're definitely NOT alone.
ReplyDeleteThe song "The Way" by Fastball comes on my radio now and then. My husband and I sing to it and laugh. Now, would we ever drink up the wine, pack our bags, and take off before the kids wake up? NO WAY!! But the song has a tendency of playing during really bad days and I'll admit it, we laugh.
Oh hon, trust me you are not alone. I've been there...so many times. Cut yourself some slack.xxxx
ReplyDeleteKaty don't be too hard on yourself, I know the feeling, althouhg that oprobably doesn't help you at the moment. you are certainly not a bad mum. I hope you are starting to feel better. thinking of you x
ReplyDeleteHey ... you aren't a bad Mum at all. I hope the kids have settled down and have given you a bit of space now. Probably more realistically ... I hope they fall asleep early tonight for you!!
ReplyDeleteI remember having a particularly bad day. I was so fed up with the silly behaviour that, in desperation, I sent them out to. 5 minutes later there was hysterical giggling and I turned around to see 1 child standing, legs apart, peeing on the lawn and the other child catching it in his hands. By the time I'd finished shouting my voice was really sore. I can laugh about it now, but it has taken about a year!!
If you want to talk about it some more, perhaps some of us in blogland might have some suggestions that will help you a bit.
{{{HUGS}}} This too shall pass :)
ReplyDelete