It's a simple week this week - we don't get paid until Sunday, and while the budget is travelling nicely, we've had a lot of unexpected expenses this month. Mum ended up being away last Wednesday, so we've changed our visiting night to this Wednesday this time. We made homemade pizza last week with what we had in the fridge, and that did dinner for all of us and leftovers for hubby and I on Saturday night.
Telle, Mum does really well to accommodate my weight loss efforts. She did WW with me a few years ago and got to her goal weight, so she's pretty good with making sure there is always a salad or plenty of vegies. The dessert, on the other hand...!
Monday - McDonalds family fun night - fundraiser for the preschool, so we're going to support the preschool and eat out (I've planned to eat a Heart Foundation Tick approved meal of Fillet-0-fish and salad - 5.5 points, and possibly a few of the kids chips, so 7 points).
Tuesday - chicken curry with cous cous, carrots, pumpkin, peas and corn
Wednesday - at Mums
Thursday - cheesy lamb steaks with mash and vegies
Friday - lasagne and salad
Saturday - out for games night
Sunday - steak with potato bake and salad
All I really need is some fresh fruit and vegies, cheese, milk, bread and nappies this week. Hoping to keep it under the $80 mark.
And making it a QUICK trip to the shop as well, so I'll visit only the F&V shop and Aldi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I have never used cous cous. might have to give it ago, cheesy lamb steaks sounds nice. Enjoy your maccas, good planning
ReplyDeleteWill post the recipe Jill, they're delicious and so quick! I reckon the lamb, cous cous and bulk steamed vegies would be ready in 10 minutes! Tops!
ReplyDelete