Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

A busy weekend, and most disappointingly, the balloon trip didn't go ahead! Friday night was also one of the crappiest nights sleep (aside from the 10pm bedtime and 3:30am wakeup) with Daisy and Buster playing tag-team the whole time.

We had to 'check in' the night before, and they said on their message to call back in the morning at 4:15am, as the weather forecast still wasn't certain. Of course, given that we were taking off just outside of Cessnock, we had to leave home about 3:50am to get there before the scheduled 5am meet time. So we still had to get up at 3:30am to get ready to leave, and we phoned them on the way. We got to the Cessnock turn-off on the Freeway to find they had to cancel the flight! They wouldn't have done it flippantly, I'd say that the winds were too much at higher altitude.

So we were home again around 4:30am, and I finally drifted off back to sleep around 6am for another hour of sleep. With our plans for the day thrown out the window, we took Mum and Dad to The Entrance, where the kids had a play in the water area, and we wandered around the Farmers Markets for an hour. Also enjoyed a lovely morning at my favourite little cafe "Le Tartlette", and fish and chips by the water. Mum and Dad left to go home, and I had a nap on the couch. Decided we felt like pizza for dinner, and had the bits in the cupboards to make it.

Sunday was 43 degrees here! I went to the gym first thing (589 cals!), then we headed off to the shops for day, to get a couple of new Christmas Lights to add to our collection, and a new pair of swimmers for me. How hard was it??? I tried on the pair I have owned for the last 6 years or so (size 16) and they were so baggy it was ridiculous and they would have fallen off. But all of this seasons ones do up in a halterneck, not my favourite style! But beggers can't be choosers, and I chose a pink pair from Target (size 12!!). Also bought a light white skirt to wear over bottoms (size 10!), and also a knee-length orange and white dress (also size 10!). Spent more than I had anticipated, but I'm going to have to just keep buying a few things here and there to build up my wardrobe again.

Simple dinner, and used some of the leftover rissoles from Friday's dinner with some canned tomatoes and a jar of pasta sauce with some pasta for dinner in a makeshift meatballs and pasta for something quick and easy.

The cool change didn't come through until about 2:30am, so bit uncomfortable all around, thank goodness we have overhead fans!! We do have air conditioning that we used, but we had it set high at 25 degrees, and the fans were of great help too.

2 comments:

  1. disapponinting about the hot air balloon, Funny i went cossie shop to on Saturday seen we were going to a friends on Sunday swimming, Cossie shopping certainly isn't fun lol. i noticed alot of halter necks as well I don't think are very supportive, i ended up witha black pair form Target. Boardies and a rashie from Best and less. Your menu looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How disappointing about the balloon flight - do you get to go at another time now?

    Well done on the clothes shopping!

    ReplyDelete