Friday, June 12, 2009

Today's Exercise and weeks reflection

30 minutes @ gym - calories burnt - 514 (2160kj).

Might try and do some freestep on the Wii with some handweights today too.

The scales are now away at the top of the wardrobe. I think it will be a relief walking into the bathroom and not seeing them. My focus from now is just to have a loss each week. No focus on the number, no pressure, just slow and steady. In actual fact, to maintain over winter would be huge, so to lose anything will be fabulous! The fact that my 30th is practically around the corner is the motivator I have to keep going!

I bought some jeans in the Target sale last week for just $25 - and I was going to get the size lower. To my amazement, I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans - and they fit! A little snug, but they fit!! I didn't want to buy a size 12 just yet, as it will be closer to the warmer weather then, knowing my luck, and there will be other sales. When I began losing weight, I was a size 20, pushing size 22. That's how far I've come!

My hubby has lost about 8kg since Christmas, and has gone from a size 97 jeans to size 87. How fabulous is that?

It's funny, because while the scales have been slow over the past few weeks, I did do my monthly WW measurements two weeks ago, and there wasn't a huge change, which I found disappointing. I have my Curves weigh and measure next week, and I'll leave that as my official results anyhow.

This week I'm feeling very proud of myself - I've battled evening and night-time munchies, and while I had a couple of moments of weakness, I tracked it, and still picked myself up and kept going. I've been extra vigilant with my tracking - to be honest I had gotten slack with it, and it was showing!!

3 comments:

  1. Katy you are doing so well, such a big change not only physically but emotionally too CONGRATULATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow on the size 14's! That's fabulous! I started off around the same size as you and can't wait until I fit into 14's! You have done a great job at losing the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Katy - top effort with the jeans, what a lovely feeling. You have come so far! em xx

    ReplyDelete