Everyone loves Holidays. Everyone has had a holiday - be it a great big backpacking adventure, a luxury weekend away,a caravan trek as a kid with the family taking in Big Bananas, Big Prawns, Big Pineapples et al, Camping in the neighbours yard under the stars for a few nights. Elaborately planned holidays, impromptu 'let's get out of here' holidays. Blog about a holiday you've had that stands out - adventure, relaxation, family, friends, disaster, hilarious events! Who were you with? Where did you go? What made it so memorable? Share a photo if you want!
Holidays. I didn't have many as a child, and certainly nothing elaborate. In fact I did, and still do, prefer to have some quiet days at home. But the holiday destination and trip that I will always remember is to Windang, on the South Coast of NSW. Windy Windang. And boy was it! I would have been about 8 or 9 at the time, and we'd join my Mums best friend and her family in the summer holidays.Mornings we'd wait for the milk truck, as it drove past our little van, and we'd run out and buy an Oak milk to have as we wished through the day. Then we'd load up and spend the morning at the beach. Lunch we'd come back for easy sandwiches. Then the afteroon would be spent riding our bikes up and down all the laneways of the caravan park, reading our books, eating any Christmas goodies we had. Every other day, we'd go for a ride around Lake Illawarra. The television never went on!
In the evenings, it would be a simple BBQ, and occasionally we'd walk up to the fish and chip shop to buy dinner and eat it at the park on the way home. After dinner, we were usually exhausted, and we'd huddle into our little 3 tier bunk beds for a good nights sleep.
Bliss. Relaxation. I was only a child, but the memories will live on!



Hi Katy, i linked you in my latest post - is that OK ? not sure on posting etiquette! Also do you know how to link name without showing address eg "I saw on Katy's post" rather than "I saw on Katy's post at http://beekaty.blogpot.com post". I'm such a spaz at that kind of thing!! let me know if all ok. have a great day! Amanda
ReplyDeleteHi Katy!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a beatuiful holiday spot!
Thanks for the comment...will definitely enjoy my holiday!
Ahh.. sounds like the perfect childhood holiday :)
ReplyDelete