Just for you Amanda! I hope you like it. The kids love helping me make this, and measure out the ingredients, mash the banana, grate the carrot, fetch the ingredients...
It also freezes well.
I made this recently for DS#2's birthday. You could ice it with cream cheese frosting, but I prefer it plain. I've altered the recipe a little to lower the fat content a bit!
Carrot and Banana Cake
Serves 20 @ 2.5 points
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup SR flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
45g chopped walnuts or pecans
4 eggs, beaten lightly
2 cups finely grated carrot (about 4 medium)
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large or 4 small)
1/2 cup canola oil
1. Grease 24cm springform tin, line base with baking paper.
2. Sift flours, spices, soda and sugar into a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake in a moderately slow oven for about 1.5hours.
4. Cool cake in pan.
I actually doubled the recipe, and divided the lot into 4 pans. That way each cake had only 10 pieces. Much easier for serving up and keeping to a reasonable serving size. That way I also had 3 cakes to freeze for later.
I love mine warmed up in the microwave or toasted. Yum.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



sounds nice and healthy. Will be making it this week - i got carrots at 69 cents/kg and ive got frozen overripe bananas in freezer. thanks katy! well done on weight loss, too
ReplyDeletemade it tonight - AB FAB thanks so much - any more recipe gems ? (no nuts coz of school)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you loved it! I have a few more up my sleeve, give me a day or two!
ReplyDelete