Today I went to BigW, the fruit market, Aldi and Coles.
Bargains
- 1kg red capsicum for $2.99
- 4kg carrots for $2.58
- onions for 98c/kg
- potatoes for 97c/kg
- cherry tomatoes for 98c
- ricotta cheese for $4.98/kg
- 1/4 cabbage for 48c
- 375g peanut butter for 99c
- 500g beans for 99c
- punnet strawberries for $1.99
- sweet potato for 99c/kg
- 2kg bananas for $2.65
Meals
- Spinach & ricotta cannelloni with salad (DS#2's favourite for his birthday!)
- Homemade pizzas (pumpkin, baby spinach, mushroom, capsicum, cheese, tomato/ham, pineapple, cheese, egg/BBQ chicken, mushroom, capsicum/mexican (leftover tortilla stack mixture) with tomato, egg, capsicum, mushroom and cheese)
- Homemade chicken burgers with salad (lunch over the weekend)
- Steak with homemade wedges and vegies or salad
- Red curry chicken with rice (half chicken and half vegies)
- Ovenbaked fish with wedges and vegies
- Chicken chops with spuds and vegies
- Homemade crumbed veal with sweet potato mash and vegies
- Homemade meatloaf with spuds and vegies (have a family favourite winner here!)
Baking
- banana and carrot cakes (with walnuts, for DS#2 birthday) - one to eat, one to freeze
- wholemeal bread - for a decadent Sunday breakfast with lashings of peanut butter OR scrambled eggs
- banana cake (to freeze)
- Lemon and coconut self-saucing pudding for dessert over the weekend
- possibly buttermilk scones that I didn't get to the other month
How did I do with my budget?
Honestly, I went over. BUT - as we are paid monthly, as long at the monthly figure adds up, I'm not too bothered. I spent $170. What put me over? , which included $15 on toilet paper - which will last 6-7 weeks. Included buying 3 lots of cheese - I spent $14 on cheese that will last at least fortnight, when I thought I'd only spend about $5. I stocked up on peanut butter, as it was cheap, $2. I bought strawberries $2. I bought extra bananas $3. I bought skim milk powder $6, as it's a pantry staple and it was a good buy.With $100 put aside in our "bulk meat" fund, that puts us at $290 spent for the month, which will put us through until 29th June. That leaves us with $500 to last us the following 2.5 weeks, or about $200 per shop, with some top-ups in between. Given that I tend to grocery shop every 8-9 days, including top ups for milk or fresh bread. Easy!



Looks like it is going to be a good month in your house Katy! BTW if you get a chance are you able to flick me what you use to track your shopping/meals I saw you mentioned it in your last entry.
ReplyDeletekjbremer@bigpond.com
Could also include those pictures if you like ;)