
What a busy but wonderful weekend! I had a rest day on Saturday from exercise - I think I needed it. Sunday, I popped off to the gym (586 calories), but had a dizzy spell afterwards and had to sit and rest for 20 minutes after my workout, and was still rather pale. Picked up through the day though, and can only put it down to donating blood on Thursday night, and maybe my body hadn't recovered fully? But yet I was fine on Friday's session. I also helped haul a few barrows of soil for 30 minutes, so that's a good work out too.
My body is recovering from my blood donation - I usually drop a bit of weight (blood!!) from it, and then my body makes more to replace it, and my weight goes up a little. My weekend was a little heavy food-wise, but my saved points make up for it, and I should have a good week.
We painted DS#2's room on Sunday, at least a feature wall (we didn't have time to get to the rest of it!). Here he is having a turn.
On Saturday morning, we continued to try and narrow down car choices. We're not buying a car (at least, not for a year!), but we're trying to weigh up all our options should we decide to 1) no re-lease our current car and 2) decide to have #4.
This decision is really weighing on me - the decision whether to have #4. I had come to the conclusion I was satisfied with 3, when hubby said DS#2 was IT. No more, we're finished. So I've come to enjoy that he is my last. But more recently, hubby seems much more open to the idea of having #4 (I always wanted 4, and hubby is #4!). But the car thing is really holding me back. I don't want to spend a fortune on fuel (ie the buses out there!), I'd like a diesel engine (cleaner for the environment, and cheaper to run) and I don't want a massive car.
So I think we've narrowed it down to possibly the Hyundai Santa Fe (I know, I know!). It comes as a 7 seater diesel. Possibly the Toyota Avensis - except it's unleaded petrol and it has no guts unless you get the V6. I love the Subaru Tribeca too (but it's unleaded fuel), possibly the Volvo X90, but they're both too expensive.
And I can't decide! I can't decide whether I really do want another child (if I can) - when 3 is seriously a huge handful as it is. I know #4 would DEFINITELY be it. There would be no more. Hubby will go along with #4, but says ultimately the decision is up to me, as I do most of the work with the kids.
There are lots of cons too aside from just the car - the toll on my body, the cost of raising a 4th little body, trying to share our love and affection between 4 (not just 3!), kids sharing already small bedrooms, me not being able to go back to work for a longer period.
In the years to come, I don't want to regret not having #4 for the sake of not having a 'zoom zoom' car!! That sounds silly and stupid, doesn't it??
What should I do?!



Your thought process re car/no 4 seems perfectly reasonable to me!! Brave move!
ReplyDeletei say go for #4 (but then again i'm not the one having it!!) i knew after 3 that that was it - you just know! i said the same thing after having #2 - i would hate to regret not having another one years on down the track. so when i had #3 it just felt right. just go with the gut feeling - mums are good at that scientific approach !!! just one thing - let us know your decision !!! :-)
ReplyDeleteGo for it!!
ReplyDeleteNothing to add to the #4 debate (1 is enough for me!), but we have a Mitsubishi Outlander and I think you can get that in a 7 seater.
ReplyDelete