
Have you supported Daffodil Day, even in the smallest gesture today? Daffodil Day is run by annually by the Cancer Council. Most of us have been touched by cancer, or will be at some point. Daffodil Day aims to raise money to fund research, education and services to support cancer patients, their families and carers.
I would love to support it more, but I always try and donate some money, or buy a piece of merchandise. Every bit counts.
Cancer has touched me a lot over the years. My grandmother died of bowel cancer when I was 12. My grandfather (her husband) died of lung cancer when I was 27. My godfather has been fighting it for the last 8 years - he was expected to be dead by the time I got married almost 7 years ago, and has been fighting it all this time. Sadly, he has been readmitted to the hospital for the umpteenth time, and it's not looking good. We've had several friends of my parents die or be diagnosed.
So get behind it if you can.



It's true that most of us will be touched by cancer at some stage. When my grandmother died in 2001 she asked for donations to the Cancer council in lieu of flowers and I have been a monthly donor ever since. I think eveyone should get behind Daffodil Day! Thanks for reminding everyone!
ReplyDelete