Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I. Am. F*cking. Over. The. Mess.

And more to the point, of having to clean it up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why bother cleaning up the playroom? Or getting the kids involved?? If I get the kids to help, it's like World War III. If I clean it up, it just ends up back the way it was within 20 minutes - then there is World War III anyway.

I send the kids to their rooms to play for 20 minutes, and then their rooms end up a mess.

And my husband gets home to say "why is there stuff out all the time?" Referring to DVD's bought at CHRISTMAS that HE abandoned in the lounge room. I've left them there, in the very small hope that HE would get sick of looking at them and think to put them away. But no. He complains that they are still out. YOU PUT THEM THERE!! YOU PUT THEM AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't be freaking bothered any more!! I have tried keeping it tidy. Doing a 2 minute tidy up in every room in the afternoon. A big clean up every week. Now I'm trying no cleaning up. So everything is piling up on top of each other. And it's getting worse. And I'm sick of looking at it. But I can't be arsed tidying it up.

6 comments:

  1. try coming home after being away for a week to see the entire dishes; pans; knives; forks; spoons covering the kitchen sink. obviously the boyfriends father isnt aware how to pack a dishwasher since we moved in.

    i packed it begrudgingly the next morning. and i get a 'thanks for doing that carly'. i didnt even respond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have days/weeks like this - you start to feel like the maid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I only have a husband, no kids but he is hopeless. I'm not a neat freak but I'm not a slob either. Surely he can pick up after himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this feeling well when I had younger kids. Don't sweat it too much it's part of life with little ones. However it does get totally overwhelming and mind deranging at times!! and don't those little comments from DH make your blood boil. Don't you just feel like throwing the DVD's at him!
    My advice is leave the bulk of it till the end of the day. Do the essentials such as washing up etc but the tidying of toys etc leave it till later. Doing it over and over again is pointless. When things got really bad I just made sure there was one room in the house that had some resemblance of tidy. My bedroom. At least I could go in there at the end of the day and it was a little sanctuary.

    Tell your husband how you feel. Yes you are happy to be a stay at home mum but sometime(often) its challenging. frustrating and draining. Little kids are demanding. They use up lots of your energy sometimes theres none left over for cleaning. At the end of the day our whole family got involved in 10 minutes of tidy time. Husband included. I set the timer on the stove and we raced to do as much as we could in the time limit. Also limit what the kids can get into. Put most of the stuff up or use child locks and limit to them a few things at a time. Use rewards to get them to help pack away.For example no tv or dvd till pack up.

    Hope you feel better tomorrow.

    Cheers Karan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally with you. I'm working on the one room policy - the lounge/dining is currently almost perfect. Hate the rest of the house though!

    ReplyDelete