Saturday, August 8, 2009

Making money from doo-dah's

How many doo-dah's have you got hanging around the house?? Are you using them? And if you're not - could you sell them, donate them, or recycle them?

Have a think. I'm sure if you think REALLY hard you can find a couple of things.

So far, this month, I've sold 5 things. Two lots of WW points books that I haven't used in a couple of years, 2 tshirts and 1 dress that Alannah didn't wear (all NWT, but their sizing wasn't right for last summer and now she's too big). I've made an easy $90. Just like that. On top of that, it probably cost me $10 in fees on eBay. But another $90 for my windfall fund, which will be at almost the $140 mark.

It's been a tight month with Lachlan's birthday party to cater for, and my Mum staying for a few days, but if I'm strict enough, I need to add another $26 to the account ($10 for a haircut voucher my hairdresser gave me, $6 for cold meat Mum kindly purchased while she stayed and $10 loyalty voucher from Panetta Fruits).

I still have a week until pay-day, but I think $166 is a pretty grand total for the windfall account for this month!

Next month, I have a few more clothes to dispose of, and a few swimming floaties we no longer need. And an air-purifier hubby bought years ago, that is definitely an unused doo-dah!!

I'm also donating 2 dinner sets that we haven't used since 2002 when we got married, and started using our new Maxwell & Williams set that we received. I'm also donating some drinking glasses, some of my 'big' clothes that aren't in good enough condition to sell, and some maternity clothes.

1 comment:

  1. I need to start ebaying again, too. Hard to get organised when my every move is shadowed by two toddlers, but I'm hoping to start again soon!

    ReplyDelete