WI was last night - and a 500g gain. It could have been worse. On Tuesday, it would have been much worse. But I faced it. I'm pretty devestated by it. It's expected. I'm not happy about it, in fact I have to work harder for another week to work it off now, and I'm terribly frustrated with myself. But I've faced it, and I need to just accept it, and move on. Fact is, I didn't track well for the last week, and the previous week probably caught up with me a bit too. All the party food is now out of the house, thank goodness!
I think I need to make myself a sticker chart. A box for each day for the next 10 weeks. A sticker for each box. Also a countdown for my birthday, but to stick it on the fridge and be accountable EVERY day. A star for sticking to my points. A star for each 30 minutes of exercise.
I re-read some of my weigh-book last night and it says "As long as you stay within your daily POINTS alloance, you can expect to lose up to a kilo each week." I just can't do it 24/7!! At least, that's what I have been telling myself. I haven't been accountable enough TO MYSELF. I need to go back to basics. Re-read all the material. Re-read some of my old WW magazines. Get back in 'the zone'.
Hubby has put on 1.5kg in the past week or two, which he isn't happy about (he had lost about 6kg too). He was so grumpy this morning!!! He seemed to think I was partly responsible. Don't get me wrong, I cooked the food. But I *did* say I wanted to throw the junk out - he wouldn't let me. And it's not ME it's HIM who has ultimate responsibility for what goes in his mouth. I resent that he seems to think I have some form of responsibility in helping him with his eating. I have a hard enough time helping and being responsible for myself, let alone him too. And I let him know it in no uncertain terms, and he apologised.
We both have an awful addiction to food. Especially 'bad' food! And it's best just out of the house, and just in smaller quantities. At least he's vowed that while he's on holidays for the next 10 days that we'll exercise together every day (so walks and bike rides), and eat well. That is a HUGE relief off my shoulders, as I was very much dreading next week if he was in a gluttonous mood.
This morning I was up at 5:46 to get to the gym. Only 479 calories today - I know I wasn't on the ball, but jeez!! Still, much better than nothing. Yesterday I headed off for a walk, DS#2 in the pram, and DD and DS#1 riding their bikes. I'm going to get out there and do it again this afternoon. I felt SO MUCH BETTER for doing it yesterday, and getting a good dose of Vitamin D too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Katy I don’t think you should feel disappointed in yourself, look how well you have done so far. A 500g gain is not the end of the world and you can remedy it this week. I don’t think you should expect yourself to be perfect 24/7, if you do you just set yourself up for disappointment. There’s always going to be things like birthdays, Christmas etc and I think it’s fine to indulge at these times (to a point!).
ReplyDeleteI remember reading an article online (I think it was by Kath at www.katheats.com) about how she slightly under eats in ‘normal’ weeks to account for ‘special’ occasions. And if you think about it, it does make sense.
You’re exactly right re your hubby. Don’t feel responsible for your hubby, yes you cook the food but he decides how much to put in his mouth! He was probably just feeling bad about himself so he wanted to shift the blame. Sometimes it’s hard to take responsibility for yourself. Sounds like you have a great strategy for his leave time!
479 calories is great!
Sorry about the epic comment, you just sounded down on yourself and I don't think you should be!
ReplyDeleteCan I just say I agree with everything Gab* said?!
ReplyDeleteYou've done so well til now Katy - you'll be back on top of it before you know it.