I made this last week for DS's party. The original recipe says it serves 4, but we used it as a side, and I would say it's more generous to feed 6 as a side. I actually doubled the recipe so that I used a whole capsicum, 2 whole cans of corn kernels, a whole packet of pasta and a whole tub of cherry tomatoes. There were heaps of leftovers between 12 adults and 12 kids!
Over summer, I plan on making up a big batch (with double the vegies) and serving it with some tinned tuna (in springwater) for lunches.
Pasta Salad
Serves 6 @ 3 points, as a side
Serves 4 @ 5 points
250g dried farfalle pasta
1/4 cup light whole-egg mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
310g can corn kernels, drained
1/2 red capsicum, chopped
1 carrot, grated
125g cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 red onion, finely sliced
Method
1. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
2. Combine pasta, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl. Add corn, capsicum, carrot, and tomatoes. Toss gently to combine.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment