Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today's exercise and the healthy weight range


I changed my route again!!! It should have taken me a good hour to do this particular walk - but I caned it!! I did it in 55 minutes!! I'm pretty stoked with that. I kept a good, steady pace. And I was SO close to even just breaking out into a jog.

I think I'm almost ready to try jogging. But I want to get my endurance up a bit more with my walking first.

Yesterday, DS#1 was at preschool, and I go to a library group with DD and DS#2, where we read a few books and sing a few songs. The kids love it! We also do the regular rounds of the linen shop (the layby for that 'bargain' quilt set I got for DS#2's room, when we're ready) and the coffee shop. We see the same lovely Debbie every time we go to the linen shop, and she commented yesterday - asking if I'd lost weight, and I'm looking so much slimmer.

However, she also said that I don't look like I have much more to lose, so that puts me back to the dilemma of considering my healthy weight range - I seriously have 6.4kg to go until I'm at the top of my range. But that's the TOP. And for the top of my BMI too. How many people take them seriously these days?

I know they're just a guide, but it's a marker I'd really like to get to!! I want to be classed as 'healthy' and 'normal' by societies measurements, even if it's only just!!!

In particular, I'd really like to reach Lifetime Membership status. It's a little goal I have, and I'm determined to make it. Fro there, I'm allowed to go up to 3kg above that range to maintain that status.

So should I stick with my 69kg goal?? Or see if I can change it to 71kg top-of-the-range goal? My leader said they usually set a target a couple of kg's under the top of the range. And would I feel like I've ripped myself off if I don't meet my original target?

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I'd see how you feel when you get to the 71kg. I had an initial goal of 50kg, but after losing 4kg already, I'm now aiming for 53kg. I think I'll feel comfortable there - I think that extra 3kg might be too much. I'll see when I get there though.

    ReplyDelete