We got over last week, albeit with a bit of takeaway from our holiday fund. Which also meant next to no cooking for me!!
As I mentioned in my previous post, I've gotten my motivation back, and have planned a week full of fresh vegetables. And even FRUIT!!! Yes, I said FRUIT! I have even eaten an apple today!!
Wednesday - spinach and ricotta cannelloni with salad
Thursday - beef stroganoff with mashed potato and vegetables
Friday - cheesy mustard lamb steaks, served on grilled eggplant with homemade wedges and vegies
Saturday - wholemeal homemade pasta with bacon and pesto pumpkin sauce
Sunday - homemade chicken burgers with pesto, wedges and salad
Monday - oven baked fish with wedges and vegies (a quickie!)
Tuesday - tuna mornay with salad (for me and the kids) and tortellini with 3 cheese sauce for the kids and hubby (using up a jar that was given to me)
Wednesday - at Mums for dinner
Which puts me back to Thursday! I'm sure I can pull something out of the cupboards for next Thursday's dinner, so I can put off my grocery shopping until Friday (I hate shopping on Thursdays!).
It's a long month this month so I really have to try and stretch our dollars further this month, plus I have a target to reduce our expenditure a bit this month to make up for last month going over a bit.
This month I have also stocked up on toilet paper (32 3 ply rolls for $15 which should last us almost 2 months), dishwashing powder ($17 which will last us a probably 8 months, if not longer), Sultana bran (3 boxes for $10 which will last 2 months) and some softdrink cans. The cans don't seem economical at first. But we keep them in the garage, and use them purely to take with us when we go "out" - for a picnic, for a caffeine hit from our midnight drive home from Mum's house, or when we know we'd be likely to otherwise buy softdrink. We don't use them every day, maybe once a week at most, and the last box lasted 3 months.
I got some fantastic specials again this week, and I've noticed even Woolworths have some fabulously priced F&V - I don't normally shop there, as I have a discount card with Coles, and I use the F&V shop.
Pink lady apples - $2.99/kg
Punnet of strawberries - $2
Carrots - 69c/kg
Sweet potato - 49c/kg
Brocolli - 99c/kg
Zucchini - $1.99/kg
Tiny juicy Mandarins - $1.99/kg
Onions - 75c/kg
4kg bag potatoes - $3.99
Tomatoes - $1.50/kg
3 avocados for $2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment