Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mincer Attachment on the Kitchen Aid

Thought I'd introduce the mincer attachment we bought for our new Kitchen Aid. I'm not terribly good with photos, so bear with me. We've used it a few times in the couple of weeks we've had it so far - for mincing basil and pinenuts for pesto, breadcrumbs and beef mince. I'll upload some photos of pesto, breadcrumbs and mince shortly. Suffice to say I'm THRILLED with the attachment and would totally recommend it. The mince looked totally professional, and cooked up even better than the cheap and fatty stuff from the butcher and supermarket. I'll never buy mince again!

You can also use it to grind vegetables, cheese and no doubt more.

DJ's have it for the same price as Peters of Kensington, PLUS you don't have to pay for postage. But they will need to order it in.

Firstly, all the pieces. I can't remember all the technical names from the DVD instructional video. You have the food plate (and eventually, we will buy the bigger food plate attatchment), the food stuffer, to push your food down into it. The collar. The spiral feeds into the grinder, then the fork that pushes it through either the coarse or fine grinding plates.
This is how the spiral fits into the food plate.All set up and ready to go!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I got that too - cool huh? - did you get the sausage attachment - I'll be giving that a red-hot-go very soon I think!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we've bought the sausage attachment. I haven't had a proper sausage in years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mincer looks impressive. Good to hear that it’s easy to clean. I’m not massively into red meat (but I do eat it) so I like the idea of being able to mince my own so I know *exactly* what’s in it! I guess you could always do a bulk lot when it’s fresh and then freeze it in meal-size portions to cut down on the mid-week workload.

    ReplyDelete