Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Weigh in and struggling with my eating

200g loss last night. I was pretty excited with that, especially with Saturday night. I had 'hoped' for more, then realised looking back that aside from exercise, I didn't have as good a week as I thought. I've been exercising like a maniac, but I still can't get my food under control. 800g lost in 3 weeks isn't a bad effort.

1 hour walk yesterday (no magpie incidents to report!) and 30 minutes at the gym (around 546 calories) this morning.

But I'm really struggling at the moment. Really struggling. I can feel myself falling into a hole and at the moment I'm scrambling to get out. I need a helping hand!! I hate how this is getting me down. And I hate that I'm still struggling with food almost a year after joining WW. Am I *ever* going to have some form of normal relationship with food???

Have a crappy week coming up with a childrens and adults birthday party on Sunday, then I'm hosting my sisters birthday party for her and my folks on Monday. I should be looking forward to these events, and instead I'm just dreading them. That is sad, really sad.

I have to take my own advice and just have to concentrate on making majority good choices. Am struggling to keep to anything less than 22-26 points most days, even though I should be on 20-22 points (depending on my volume of exercise). My leader asked last night "Are you doing everything you can to help your weight loss journey?" And I'm not. And then she asked "What can you do to make sure you are doing everything you can to help you on your weight loss journey?" I felt like saying 'being locked in a room and having allocated food'. I'm not coping with "self medicating" my food. After a year, I should be able to do this!!

I'm NOT doing everything. Exercise does not counteract my massive over-eating and binging problem. Just so freaking over it all.

Thank God it *IS* October tomorrow. I have to pull my head in and remember WHY I'm doing this.

3 comments:

  1. katy dont be so hard on yourself! a year really is not that long to break a cycle of a lifetime, just try to make healthier choices at these events or just have really mini mini portions. Just think of how much better you feel now than before when you were heavier and how much fun this coming summer will be now you are a size 12... I am dreaming of the day am one too so give yourself and break and maybe have a few early nights this week, I always feel better when I do.... :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops I forgot to weigh in today! I think that was probably subconscious as I haven't had a good week either. I'd offer you a helping hand, but I think I'm in that same place as you of not really being in the right frame of mind.

    I can offer you some hugs though if that helps?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really not the person to take inspiration from in this department - you are! Take a look at how far you've come and stop to think - is it really worth eating *insert evil food here*? Is it what you really want? When you get the urge to indulge take a look at some 'before' and 'after' photos of yourself, and read some of your 'on track' blog posts. If that doesn't work, have a small treat, ENJOY it, savour it, don't allow any guilt for it, and move on.

    ReplyDelete