Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

I'm proud to say I came 3rd in the "Biggest Wi9.8nner" competition at the gym! The top loss was 7.5%, against my 4.5% loss. Don't think I could have managed 6kg in a month though! Also pleased to say I got to the gym on Saturday (561 calories) and this morning (531 calories). I had Sunday as a rest day.

Saturday the kids were off to swimming, I headed off to the gym, and I spent the afternoon baking for our fathers day picnic at Wisemans Ferry. The kitchen aid got a workout, though I find it aerates my cookies too much! Is that possible?!!!

Sunday the kids helped hubby open his gifts, and I made bacon and egg rolls for breakfast (the healthy way, if there is one!), and then headed out for our picnic. Lunch was chicken and salad, with my low point desserts - apple tea cake, orange and poppyseed muffins and double choc muffins (will share the recipes this week - all low fat!) and choc chip cookies.

What did I learn this weekend? I can't control myself with cookies. I thought I could, but I can't. Ate far too many!!! Thankfully I gave away about 1/3 of them to our neighbour.

We didn't stick to our meal plan for the weekend - felt like pasta on Saturday, so we made homemade macaroni with our new kitchen aid attachment, and made a carbonara sauce for it. Sunday ended up being leftover carbonara sauce, and thankfully I had a packet of pasta in the cupboard. I only had to buy mushrooms for the sauce, and a few salad things! So that means we can push out my meal plan a couple more days. I'll have to get some fresh milk and bread tomorrow, but I'll only have to do a little top-up shop on Friday, which will get us through until Wednesday (payday on Tuesday!).

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the 6kg loss and the win at the gym. you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete