Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

I must say, the weekend was off to a good start with Parramatta Eels winning their game - 27-2 -against the Gold Coast Titans. Considering Hubby's team was next to last in the competition just a couple of short months ago, it's a pretty astounding comeback to even get this far!!

Saturday was a busy one, packed up the car, took the kids to swimming at 8am, then headed down to Penrith (1.5 hours away) for a birthday party. Had a very wonderful day! The weather was delightful, despite some back-burning going on, and the kids had a little swim in the pool. Nuts if you ask me, it was only 19 degrees in the water. The afternoon snacks and the poor dinner choice have certainly knocked me down for the week, but it's just one day. We got home around 1am.

Sunday we were treated with a lovely 8am sleep-in, and the kids layed in bed with us for an hour before we decided to get up for breakfast. A little later in the mroning, I rode my bike to the gym (30 minutes altogether) and burnt 577 calories at the gym. Also shovelled a trailer of mulch for an hour too, so a good amount of exercise that should make some form of dent in Saturday's eating!

We made homemade pizzas again for dinner. Loving them at the moment, as do the kids, and they have a stack of healthy toppings, so they're not too bad for you.

This morning I headed to the gym again, only 519 calories this morning. I definitely seem to burn more when I go later in the morning and I'm warmed up already from a bike ride!

Very satisfied with our weekend, a good balance of family time and play time.

No comments:

Post a Comment