Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up


It was a rather busy one this weekend! It was off to a good start with Parramatta winning against Canterbury, and securing a spot in the Grand Final. Pretty awesome considering back in June they were contenders for the Wooden Spoon.

Saturday morning was our regular appointment with the kids for their swimming lessons, and with the wind and yet another minor dust storm, I decided I couldn't be bothered going meat shopping, and we could limp through this week and I'll go on Friday with the kids (yes, I'm nuts). I headed off to the gym (675 calories- woot!!!! Must be one of my highest burnt yet. Shows what a difference it makes having breakfast and letting it kick in makes). Then pottered around, had a beautiful lunch outside, and had a Nanna nap while the kids rested and hubby worked around the house. I made some scones in the afternoon, and then cooked in preparation for our monthly Games Night. I made spicy Mexican Tortilla stack for the adults with some yummy roasted vegies and foccacia, and the kids loved their devilled sausages. I ate too many lollies. Far too many. I just couldn't stop! I really need to work on my self control.

Sunday, I felt guilty about my eating on the previous night, so I rode my bike to the gym - despite the wind, and burnt another 605 calories, before riding home again. The wind was phenomenal, and so strong I actually had to ride my bike DOWN the hill. But I made it, and felt so invigerated from the 60 minutes of exercise, despite a very late night.

We headed off to a friends' 18th birthday at the Beachcomber. Prices were a bit exxy for my liking, though they did have a $7 cook your own steak with salad and roll combo, with the wind I didn't fancy cooking my own lunch!!! So we used our voucher from the Entertainment Book, and ordered Surf'n'Turf. We ordered the sauce was on the side, and I only had a little with the prawns, and I had vegetables with a little mashed potato. And I stopped at one little cupcake!!

We reversed the day and had scrambled eggs, baked beans, mushrooms and tomato with a piece of toast for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment