Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend wrap up

Firstly, I just had to share - a huge 710 calories burnt on Saturday at the gym! How amazing is that? I was on fire!! I felt so good before, during and after my workout.


Saturday... kids to swimming. They are improving so much, and it's fabulous to see just how far they've come. Sometimes you wonder if it's worth sending them to lessons, but DS#1 almost 5, is now doing his version of freestyle, he's doing a pretty good version of backstroke, and can do "froggy legs" for breast-stroke. He's so much more confident in the water. He makes me so proud! DD can now paddle pretty well, and doesn't have a floaty anymore. She can paddle along, roll over onto her back, float, then roll over and paddle a bit further. She's getting there, not bad for just 6 months of lessons.


I then headed off to the gym for a bit, and came home to a steamy, wonderful shower. Spent a couple of hours in the afternoon lapping up the sun while hubby finished putting a coat on DS#2's new chest of drawers, then spent the later afternoon baking my own bread rolls, cooking a casserole, and making scones. That night we hosted a 'games' night, where we put on dinner, put all the kids in bed, then play games long into the night - canasta, Sequence, Sing Star, Monopoly, whatever takes our fancy.



Sunday... woke up to the smell of a loaf of fresh bread I had prepared to start overnight in the breadmaker. Then packed up a mini-picnic of homemade rolls with ham, cheese and tomato, with some banana coconut muffins I'd made earlier in the week, and had a picnic in the safety of a gazebo overlooking Hawkesbury River at Gosford. We looked at a few different cars (we're still toying up a larger car...), and spent a couple of hours in the afternoon at Erina Fair shopping. We desperately needed a new toaster, and Target have started marking down their winter stock. I got about 15 items for just $105! Almost whole wardrobe for winter for DS#1, a pair of trackies for me to walk in, and a few things for DD. No formal exercise, but we were on our feet all afternoon!


Homemade pizza for dinner. Yum!


Today's Exercise - gym for 30 minutes, 560 calories burnt. Felt so flat from the weekend with a late night last night, so I didn't give it everything.

Image: Flicker

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh Katy, you are an amazing uber mother and exerciser! well done on your weight loss so far and juggling it all in with family life and baking. I too am on the weightloss wagon (aren't we all?) lost 8 so far another 8 to go (boo) but have stalled recently so you have inspired me to get back on it....:-)

    ReplyDelete