Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This weeks meals so far...

I had to swap a few things around to suit what I felt like on the day, and time constraints - eg we made fresh pasta on Sunday, instead of Saturday, as we had been out all day taking the kids to swimming, having a picnic, fishing and bike riding, so the last thing we felt like doing was making pasta!

I was due to do a shop yesterday, but we're going to Mum's for dinner on Wednesday, so I'm going to put it off until Thursday. I have just enough pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, carrots and peas, so I'm going to make a beef and vegetable Madras curry to serve with rice tonight, and I made a casserole last night with what I had left in the fridge.

On the weekend, I also popped out to get some things for a fresh salad and pesto ($7), and will just have to pop out today and get a little bread, milk and apples (maybe $10).

That's fantastic, because it means just over 2 weeks until pay day. I should be able to get away with just 2 more grocery shops, meaning 3 shops in total, plus a little topping up and a big meat shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment