Bought something fabulous lately? Wanna share? Wanna brag? Blog some pictures, write a sonnet about it, tell the story about how you got it in the house without your husband noticing. What made you buy it? Have you been secretly coveting it for a while? Or are you an impulse shopper. And of course, now you have it, was it worth it??

A relatively recent purchase was a framed wedding picture of my husband and I. We were married in 2002, but other than our album, we had never had any pictures framed! So for our anniversary, I had our "freebie" picture professionally framed, with this beautiful border, and surprised him.
Taking 3 little kids, who like to touch everything, into a tiny little framing shop was a little bit of a nightmare. Glass, breakable ornaments, framed pictures, and 6 inquisitive hands to touch and play. Hmmm.... But I was determined! I quickly picked up the frame, and four weeks later returned with the same 6 inquisitive hands to pick up the finished framed picture. Luckily the woman took pity on me, and closed up the shop to take the picture to the car, as the frame was easy to scratch.
Then I had to hide it at the back of my wardrobe from Hubby for a few days until our anniversary! He was totally blown away and so pleased at the gesture. The picture is on the wall in our family room, where I can look at it every day and remember such a wonderful and romantic day.



That's a stunning photo. Really, really nice. And it looks awesome in that frame, too. I bet it makes a lovely focal point in your home.
ReplyDelete