I have managed to spread last weeks shopping out until today, which was aided a little by a dinner out on the weekend, and just making the most of what was in the cupboards.
This weeks Menu Plan:
Friday - fresh homemade fish and chips
Saturday - beef casserole (from challenge) with sweet potato mash, beans, carrots and cauliflower. We have rellies over for dinner.
Sunday - homemade pizza {and movie night!}
Monday - portugese marinated chicken with steamed vegies
Tuesday - homemade veal schnitzels with mushroom gravy and vegies
Wednesday - homemade chicken meatballs with mushroom risotto (odd, but I'm using up things from the cupboard!)
Thursday - bacon and pumpkin pesto pasta with salad
Friday - homemade shephards pie with vegetables (from leftover lamb I froze from last nights dinner).
Our freezer is now almost empty of meat, so I'm planning my meals around what is left. The above plan uses up everything in the freezer, and we'll do a big meat shop next weekend.
This weeks shopping bargains
- onions 99c/kg
- carrots 64c/kg
- pink lady apples $1.99/kg
- huge bunch celery $1.50 (will use what I need for tomorrows dinner, then chop and freeze the rest for winter casseroles)
- tomatoes $1.45/kg
- huge cauliflower $1.75
- 2kg beans $2
- bananas $1.35/kg
- zucchini $1.99/kg
- Dolmio sauce $1.19 each (good for a standby dinner and cheaper than takeaway!)
I won't do my monthly summary wrap up until pay day on the 15th, but we're tracking well!
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Gosh you are good at this Katy! I try and menu plan... an then get sidetracked.
ReplyDelete