Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dinosaur Party @ short notice

Oh dear, DS#1 (about to turn 5) has decide he would like a dinosaur cake for his birthday get-together. That's relatively easy. I've found brilliant instructions at Betty Crocker. I just have to panic about finding decent chocolate decorations. Oh, and that DS#1 would like a blue dino, not a green one.

But what are some other cheap ideas to incorporate the theme into an outdoor picnic? I'm sure I can find "dino eggs" at a lolly store. I don't want to spend a fortune, though.

3 comments:

  1. A friend did a 'dino-hunt' - got a packet of 20 or so little toy plastic dinosaurs and hid them around the place. Then the kids when hunting for them. The one who found the most won a small prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are those cute little gummy dinosaur lollies....and how about bone shaped/fossil cookies? You could buy little dinosaurs from the dollar store and freeze them in iceblocks for excavating too....

    Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ideas ladies, thank you!! I bought some little dino's from kmart today, so we can do a big hunt with them (there are probably only 5 participating children).

    Hadn't even thought of cookies, brilliant!

    We're going to a park, but I could probably do jellies!

    ReplyDelete