This weekend has to be one of my favourites. Hubby had Friday off, so it was an extra long weekend. It was also our 11th meeting anniversary, which meant an obligatory showing of Grease (more on that later in the week). In the afternoon, I filled our orders for the preschool's Pie and Lamington Drive (we've raised $280 from $1300 of orders, which isn't too bad). From there, I had won a massage from the gym, and they were able to squeeze me in on Friday afternoon. Bliss. Just Bliss. It was at Endota spa at the local Kooinda waters. It was the best 30 minutes, and I came out feeling so much looser and relaxed. I'm going back in a few weeks for a facial, they offer locals a discount. Saving my pennies for that one!
Saturday we took the two big kids to swimming, then I rode my bike to the gym and back again. I seriously can't believe the difference a little wind-resistance makes to riding a bike! Took it to a whole other level, and my legs were BURNING. Also went out with friends for a 33rd birthday. Late night! I think we got home about 1am, but the kids didn't settle until 3am, were up through the night, and up for the day at 7am.
Yesterday I had virtually a whole day of shopping. On. My Own. I didn't brave the early days of the toy sales, and I actually think this years toy sales are completely over-rated. Despite this, I still had a list of potential items to get for nieces, nephews and stocking fillers for my children. First I stopped at Kmart, around 10:30am, and took my time looking at every aisle of toys. Then I chose a few bits and pieces. Of course, you can only do a Christmas layby on a select few toys - of which only 2 things I had qualified, and for $15, it's simply not worth it! So I put it on an 8 week layby, then I'll have to find somewhere to hide everything for another 3 months. *sigh*.
By then it was 1pm, so I stopped and had lunch. On. My. Own. Peace. Quiet. Reading the Sunday paper, enjoying my wrap and coffee. Bliss. No worries about the kids dropping things, making a huge noise, or polishing off their lunch in 5 minutes flat. 30 minutes of lunch on my own!
I then dropped into BigW and picked up only a couple of things, and Best and Less to get an obligatory pair of socks for each of my kids, my nieces and nephews.
Home about 3pm, and I washed the car, made more homemade bread for dinner, and Pumpkin and Leek soup, from the challenge I posted about. Hubby raved about it, and it was delicious.
Hubby had been so busy while I was gone - he had done a coat of laquer on DS#2's new pine drawers (which have been in the garage for about the last 6 months, waiting to be stained), he had made the kids lunch and put them to bed, fitted his birthday present of his new bike 'computer' and had finished putting up my weather station for me.
I got to the gym this morning, despite it being a ridiculous 2 degrees outside this morning!! I burnt 533 calories (2240kj). I had to dig deep to finish my workout though, this morning. I finished it!
Busy 'home' day today. Monday is always my catch up day, so washing, ironing, a house tidy, baking, getting fresh milk and bread and cleaning out the fridge. I'm also typing up my rough House Inventory today from my 30 before 30 list. I just need hubby to do the shed and garage. I'm scared. I'm sure we'll be quite under-insured should the house burn down.
Today I'm making some banana bread and a vegetable pie for the kids lunches for a couple of days this week. I was given a couple of oranges on Saturday (fresh from the Orchard!), so I'm also making the jaffa puddings from the challenge later in the week.
We're going very well for our food stores, and I'm pretty confident with a small top up of milk, bread, cold meat and some basic vegies, that I won't actually have to do my grocery shop now until Friday, instead of the already stretched out Wednesday. I've reduced our grocery budget a bit for this month, just to give myself a challenge, and including the $100 I put into our bill account to cover another bulk meat purchase at some point in the next pay month.
Weight wise, I've had a couple of blow out days this week, but I'm not letting it get to me. I'm sure it'll mean a gain this week, but I've continued exercising and otherwise eating well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I agree, the toy sales this year aren't great. I went to Big W yesterday and they had nothing from the catalog that I wanted, so I wasn't impressed. Still managed to layby $360 worth of stuff though. Got a bike for DS#1 for his birthday (Feb), kid tough camera, some educational games, some towels, a Mem Fox book, a pretty cool bath toy, and some Playdoh. Not much, but oh well. Might layby a swing set from the Target catalog.
ReplyDeletewow, a packed weekend, you got through so much. Don't worry about the weight, you'll catch up this week coz you are conscious of it. do you watch biggest loser US? i'm hooked (no surprise).
ReplyDelete