100g loss this week. It's still a loss!! I was thinking that it would be more - I'd worked out 6 days of the week! But I looked back at my tracker. Half of it is blank. And the rest, well, aside from main meals, the rest weren't exactly the best food choices. I like to snack, but I have to be honest with myself - it's not doing me any favours! So I need to cut back a little. I'm going to have a bigger breakfast (4 points instead of 3) and include some protein with it (egg, yoghurt), bring forward lunch a little at 12pm, and include either yoghurt or an apple with lunch. Then afternoon tea can be my usual coffee, with a SMALL snack - yoghurt, apple, small piece of cake or some fresh veggies to munch on (mushrooms, capsicum, grape tomatoes are what I bought today). Still a 1-2 point 'dessert' too.
If it wasn't for the exercise, it would have been a much bigger gain! I need to be honest and accountable to myself, and I haven't been. I've been getting too complacent - I'm quite happy with my weight where it is. I'm happier with it than I have been in over 4 years, but reality is I still have 15kg to go until I'm at the top of my range.
So this week, I'm going to fit in my usual 6 workouts, and add a bike ride on Saturday (we didn't get to go last week as the kids were sick, and exhausted by 11am). I'm also going to make an effort to reduce my points to 20 and do a mini-fast start on 3 days this week (more if possible, might be tough with visiting Mum tonight, and Mothers Day!).
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Katy you are doing so well and it is even better that you are aware of what you need to do to get back on track, so to speak.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up
The key is really being accountable to yourself I think - relying on scales/weigh ins to keep you honest IMHO is setting one up for failure. Are you always going to go to weigh-ins?
ReplyDeleteIt's really about making a commitment to change your lifestyle FOREVER. Not until you lose the magic number don't you think?