Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Awesome loss this week & today's exercise

Weigh in last night. I knew I had worked my butt off the past week, eating most of my bonus points to see if it would help shift more weight, and doing much more exercise as well. And. It. Worked!!

I lost 1.2kg this week!!!!!! I'm into the next BMI category as just 'overweight', not a horrible sounding 'obese'. I'm so stoked with that, and it's definitely that extra kick of motivation to keep going.

In other fabulous news, I've struck up a friendship with two ladies at the gym - Donna who goes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays like me, and Alana, one of the instructors. Donna and I had a great chat this morning, after being away for a few weeks. She complimented me on how fabulous I'm looking. I'm hoping to get up the courage to ask her to meet for a coffee next week! And Alana has been giving me so much encouragement too, and that's such a great motivator. I had been looking at the different workout shirts for sale there, and not finding one I liked, as I was after a dark colour to hide my darker coloured bras. Today, she brought the shirt up to me and gave it to me, as she'd found a spare one! It's perfect, a lovely blue and a bit longer. She's saved me a few dollars buying a shirt, which I very much appreciated as clothes are literally costing me a fortune at the moment.

With the children's party on Saturday, I'm flat out on my feet cooking, preparing and shopping, so I'm just doing my ordinary daily exercise this week, and not any extra sessions. I'll save a point or two to help for the party day, and am preparing some filling Point-free soup for my snacks.

I'm cooking Buttermilk scones tomorrow. If they're any good, I'll post the recipe.

Today's exercise -

30 mintes @ gym - 500 calories burnt (2100kj).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, what an awesome lose. It sounds like a wonderful friendship in the works, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! Congratulations on a great loss! Doesn't it feel awesome! You've been working hard and you totally deserve it!

    I've also found I lose better when I eat all my extra points, too. With that much exercise you need to be consuming more or your body will go into starvation mode. I tend to save mine for the weekend though so I can be a bit naughty guilt free.

    ReplyDelete