I also stocked up with a few things for DD and DS#2's birthday at the end of the month.
This morning I was able to get so many good specials on my groceries!
- 2 dozen 700g eggs (the nice large ones) for $5
- A huge cauliflower for just $2
- Mandarins for $1.45/kg
- Royal Gala apples for $1.49/kg
- 4kg brushed potatoes for $2.99
- A huge pumpkin for $3
- 4 cobs corn for $1
- 2kg carrots for $2
- 1.5kg sweet potato for $1.99
We have enough meat in the freezer that I think will last us for another 2 weeks, and the shop today should get us through a fortnight, with a top up next week of some more fruit, a few vegies, milk and bread. Well under budget this month.
The kids were great today - Alannah was happy drawing on her shopping list in the trolley, and Lachlan marking his things off his list as we went. So much busier to go shopping today on Friday, than when I usually go on a Tuesday, but there were much better specials today than I'd normally have gotten on a Tuesday.
I'm so looking forward to tomorrow!! Swimming for the kids in the morning, gym for me tomorrow with my SIL, then off for a picnic lunch with the kids and a bike ride around the lake. Afternoon will be cleaning (ergh), and then a Singstar and board games night with my BIL and family. I'll probably need to ride around the lake 3 times to work off all the food planned for the weekend, but I'm going to stay away from the lollies on Saturday, and just have a handful, then stick mainly to vegies and tiny bits of meat and dessert for all our entertaining.



Hey! No fair, SHARE where you got said bargains! Good work!
ReplyDelete