Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grocery bargains today

Pay day last week marks today as shopping day again! A few bargains this week -

Gala apples at 99c/kilogram.
Cauliflower for $2.50 each.
Zucchini for $1.49/kilogram.
Mandarins for $1.65/kilogram.
Tomatoes for $1.49/kilogram.
Jap Pumpkins - 80c each.
Butternut pumpkins - 49c/kilogram.
8 english muffins for $1.20.

I think I'll have to go back later in the week and get some tomatoes to make some tomato relish to preserve.

Pumpkin soup is definitely on the menu this week, and maybe a pumpkin and sweet potato frittata.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow! I have inspired you to preserve! Go Katy!

    We got some great bargains on the weekend too - 4kgs of tomatoes for $2.06! So that is now all passata, didn't even think of relish - might get some more this week!

    And that explains the pumpkin menu.. lol :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh that's a bargain Liss!!! I'll have to go to your farmgate trail on my way to Mums one day! And your passata recipe...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good going! I love a good bargain, and every bit of saved money helps these days.

    ReplyDelete