Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An active day today - fitness definitely improving!

In an effort to shake things up, and implement some of the techniques WW have given me, today I have been extra active and trying to shake things up a bit so I'll actually lose a little more over the coming couple of weeks, as things have been moving so slowly, even with a few slip ups. This morning I upped my walk from 30 minutes to 40 minutes. Using a fabulous website called Map My Run I found out I walked around 3.6km.

This morning was grocery shopping day (more on that later), and I walked up and then back down Westfields Tuggerah - 2km return.

And I've also managed to get the kids down for a sleep all together, and I jumped on the treadmill and did some interval training on the treadmill - 5 minutes warm up, 4 minutes cool down, 1 minute huge hill, and then 20 minutes alternating between running for 1 minute and walking for 1 minute. I was walking at around 6km/hour, and over that 30 minute walk/run, I burnt 191 calories (800kj), walked 3.36km and at an average speed of 6.7km. I felt SO GOOD. And SO FIT!!! I haven't been on the treadmill since probably December, when I started at the gym. And it's fantastic to see just how much my fitness has improved in the past 5 months. I was RUNNING! For a whole minute, without feeling like I was going to die, at around 8km/hour. YAY ME!

What I also find interesting though, is in the same 30 minute period, I can burn around 550 calories (2300kj) in the same period when I go to the gym - almost 3 times as many.

So total kilometres travelled today - 8.96.

No comments:

Post a Comment